Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,:)

long time lurker (had a C5 a while ago) but not sure if i've posted before. Anyway i'm in the UK and looking to buy a Z06 in the USA to export over here. I've test driven a couple over here and can't get the idea of having 505hp at my daily disposal out my head.. :devil:

As i'm in the uk i'm having a bit of difficulty working out which way is up with regards to options on the z06 and the difference between the 07 model (currently available) and the 08 model (when does this arrive? Jan 1st 08?). The dealers over here don't really know their stuff.

I ideally want a black car with black wheels. Can you order black wheels from the factory? As for other options - which are recommended and which aren't worth the money?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I currently have a Porsche 996 GT3 which is great but it will have to go. I just want to get back in a Vette!!

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to DC. You're starting out with the king of sportscars. I don't think black rims are a factory option, however they do offer Competition Gray which IMO would look killer on a black ZO6!

Below is a link to the Edmunds website showing the pricing/option details. Hopefully that helps. I'm sure one of our dealer sponsors can work out a deal for you. Not sure on the shipping though...

Good luck!

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/chevrolet/corvette/100890463/options.html?action=1&x=124&y=9

:partyon:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps!

Looks like the 07 to 08 differences is only around the leather wrap option for the z06 which i don't think i'm that bothered about.

Does anyone know if they're tweaking the handling on the car for 08 or anything like that which wouldn't show on an options list? That's the kind of upgrade i'd want to make sure I had.

:buhbye:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks for the replies chaps!

Looks like the 07 to 08 differences is only around the leather wrap option for the z06 which i don't think i'm that bothered about.

Does anyone know if they're tweaking the handling on the car for 08 or anything like that which wouldn't show on an options list? That's the kind of upgrade i'd want to make sure I had.

:buhbye:
No handling changes, but the steering feel is supposed to be better, as is the transmission (stronger and smoother shifting). If I had unlimited funds I'd get the 08. But, for the money, considering the deals you can get on an 07 but not the 08, it'd be a new 07 for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts