Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always loved Corvettes and I think this is the year I finally get one. My dad was an engineer for GM and my gramps always had vettes, so I was easily hooked on the great american sports car. I will have to buy used since im not the richest man by any means, my question is this....should I wait and hope for 2005 C6 prices to fall to $30 grand? I have seen some at $33G already, or should I look more at a 01-03 C5 coupe? Am I settling if I get the C5? I really like the looks of the C5, but the C6 is pretty tight looking and newer. Also, I would like to know all your guys opinions on a non Z06 vs a Z06 in ride, performance and utility. I have a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited as my 4 door everything mobile and a 95 eagle Talon as my good gas mileage drive to work everyday car so what ever I get will sit in the garage and wont be an everyday car, so should I then opt for the harrier Z06? How does the hard top compare to the fast back body style?? Sorry for so many questions on my first post, but im really excited, and love this forum, everbody seems really classy and knowledgable. I posted this in the C6 section because I figured many C6 owners were previous C5 owners. Thanks in advance for all your opinions.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Welcome! You are brimming with excitement and that's awesome. :D

First question... which Corvettes have you driven thus far?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Welcome, I think the 04 C5 Z06 is one of the best buys on Corvettes right now. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunatly, nothing newer then a C4. I know I really need to drive the models im interested in, but since I havent yet, some opinions still might help me. Its kinda funny that im a Chrysler tech, and have driven every SRT vehicle made, just not a C5 or C6, but I have sat in a C5 several times.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Welcome to DC:buhbye:
A lot of good deals out there on C5's:D
I started with a C4 Roadster and after driving a C5 I had to get one, and 3 yrs later another, and 3 yrs later a C6:thud:
Once the bug bites you just can't stop it:smack
Good luck with finding one that's right for you:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts