Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Coupe 454/538hp 4spd of course; 1984 Z51, built 11/83, Blue w/Black Leather factory override..
11,730 Posts
An Oldtimer's Corvette Wave to 'ya!

And the Rules of the Road here:

1. Thou Shalt not fail to wave to a fellow Corvette owner.
2. Thou Shalt not pass a fellow Corvette owner in distress without offering aid.
3. Thou Shalt not feed thy Corvette budget grade fuel.
4. Thou Shalt treat thy Corvette with respect; great power, and great responsibility.
5. Thou Shalt keep thy Corvette clean and waxed at all times, yet thou shalt not
bring they Corvette to an automatic car wash.
6. Thou Shalt park thy Corvette in such a manner as to protect her tender fenders
7. Thou Shalt blow out carbon with a high speed run as required.
8. Thou Shalt not cruise on an unpaved road.
9. Thou Shalt not allow neither friend, or even thy spouse to drive thy Corvette without first proper reverence.
10. Each Corvette is an individual work of art; judge not least ye might be judged.

*Courtesy of Texas Corvette Assoc. San Antonio

D
Smile Goggles Vision care Product Eyewear
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2004 C5 Black/black, base model, detailed engine, brakes, rotors and calipers
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the greetings. It's a pleasure to be counted among like minded.
Ha! Ha! LOVE the Rules of the Road...
also enjoyed the tips and tricks. A few I've learned on my own, and some have been most helpful. Thanks 👍

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wish you well, having many fond, fine memories from Texas.

I always enjoy salt of the earth type people, but have to say it is the only place, in all my world wide travels where I have been shot at and sucker punched in a bar, luckily in separate incidents. I used to enjoy going out to hear Texas swing music, so long ago that shiner was the only good beer to be found, way back then.
I still miss BBQ sauce that isn't sweet, the Texas vinegar based style just spoiled me.

·
Registered
2004 C5 Black/black, base model, detailed engine, brakes, rotors and calipers
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From your reply, I gather you are no longer in Texas. Where in your world wide travels, did you end up? And I understand about the shootings and such. I stopped frequenting the bars, at an early age (teens and early twenties). I had a friend, lost an eye to a stray bullet. Gotta' love that Texas BBQ Sauce, nothing like it anywhere else. Thanks for the reply. Have a great day.
Be safe.

·
Registered
1966 Coupe 454/538hp 4spd of course; 1984 Z51, built 11/83, Blue w/Black Leather factory override..
11,730 Posts
Man I’m not running with you guys. Got into a couple of fights because of tequila but never had someone fire off a round in any bar I was in.
Texas is way behind, 1968, after Homecoming football game, head to Bob's Big Boy, the instigator looking for a fight was punched out of the waiting area. Cops break it up, he mouths off he'll see me again.. "NO problem, I've seen what you can do, let's go down the street". Me and shotgun get to the local mini-mall parking lot (no one there), and he pulls up with 3 guys. My partner splits. I'm on the ground, on my back, kicking them off. Get to my feet to go after him and he pulls a gun... Fight's over, and the last time I ruffled my feathers.

C'ya .. stay safe and sane..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts