Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to you all, my name is Johnny and I am from the Netherlands. I drive a 1986 coupe, and I want to made a ultimate streetracer of it, this I am doing now for 3 years and it is a slow process, because of the time and money to spend. If you want to know more of my project, please ask.

Johnny

why don't my sign work?:(

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
johnny said:
hello to you all, my name is Johnny and I am from the Netherlands. I drive a 1986 coupe, and I want to made a ultimate streetracer of it, this I am doing now for 3 years and it is a slow process, because of the time and money to spend. If you want to know more of my project, please ask.

Johnny

why don't my sign work?:(
Hi Johnny! We are glad to have you on board. We have quite a few folks from the Netherland here, I do recall.

Instead of signature pics, everyone can post a pic of their Vette in their avatar. To change your avatar, click here and scroll down. http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=editoptions

Again, welcome - and we'd love to hear about your car. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
johnny said:
Very nice Grand Sport you have there :stick: What's her topspeed? 176 mph I suppose :D
Not sure of the top speed .... yet! I had my black LT4 car to 165, I hit 152 mph in the GS. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
hey,welcome Johny,
i like the wig in your picture,welcome to the forum,nice ride.later,Todd

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome. :cheers:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Johnny,
I wish I could give you the same warm welcome that the people of the Netherlands gave me on several trips there. I was in Tilburg for several weeks doing an audit of the U.S. Army's milk contract and stayed in a "boarding house" with my family. The people who owned the house were so gracious to my daughters that I will never forget them. I have been in Amsterdam several times--one time I stayed in a College Dorm during a recess. My wife has never been to Holland but I keep telling her it is a "jewel" she needs to see.
I think Holland is one of the few countries who continue to appreciate the fact that we liberated them from the Nazis.
Well, I don't want to go way off but I want to extend to you a warm welcome.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
War Machine said:
Welcome Aboard johnny!! :cheers:
Like your vette and most of all your story. I do not understand how come your vette is that light, beauce I had almost strip off what to strip off, and my vette weight still 2954 lb, without the gas. :(

Your numbers looked good too, what is your topspeed? And here in the Netherlands we do not race risres but beemers :D

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Thanks for the kind words johhny! :)

My Vette is light b/c I have almost no options. I don't know of anyone who has a Vette that is less opted than mine. Your car is real light!! That's almost 100lbs. lighter than mine. :cool: I don't know about the top speed. I've had it up to 145mph on 3 different occasions though. I still haven't fixed the speedo since the gear change so I was able to get the digidash to read 166 on Sunday. :D

I had some yo-yo try to race me in his BMW SUV on Sunday. He did a fly-by and cut right in front of me. There was still enough room for me to return the favor before the next light and had to hear his jabbering about me being to young to own a Corvette and blah blah blah. Nice to see he thought it was fine for him to drive his SUV like a sports car though. :rolleyes: Most of the German car variety owners in my area drive normal. The ricers are out to prove to everyone that they can hang with the big boys which makes owning an early C4 that much more enjoyable. They know a C5 will whoop on 'em so they go after the lowly C4. I whooped 'em w/o mods and now w/ mods they turn into a spec in the mirror. :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Re: roadkills

johnny said:
Maby a roadkill section here :D

My vette is faster than the new bmw M3 :D :D :D

Unfortunetly we won't have a kill section. It attracts scumbags and Vette-haters from other forums who just want to defend their Honda's and stir up ****.

No thanks!

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
Re: Re: roadkills

Patrick96LT4 said:
Unfortunetly we won't have a kill section. It attracts scumbags and Vette-haters from other forums who just want to defend their Honda's and stir up ****.

No thanks!
hey Patrick,
i looked at your picture at the bottom by your signiture,i like your mailbox,put a switch in there that activates a tape of your car reving,your mail-man will tell stories about you back at the shop:D :D later,Todd.
P.S.whats that white stuff on the ground?

·
Registered
12,667 Posts
:huh: inside joke?sounds like something thats illegal.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts