Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone Just thought id say hello to everyone first.
Ok well Ive only owned import cars like an rx7 and stealth/3000GT(current car) and i have no clue on corvettes at all. But I might be gettin this corvette for a gift from my dad and id like to know as much info on it as possible. Well first off it has like the ecklers kit on it which i think is pretty cool lookin on the car.

<HERES a list of mods on it that it says on the orig. AD>
rebuilt 350, 4boilt mains steel crankshaft. Piston honed and C Cliped to full floaters. Windage tray in oil pan, Heads orig. containing 2.02 intake valve 3 angle grind screw in studs, pushrods guide plates. Intake factory alum 182, camshaft 480 480 302 duration by Crane cam. Pete jackson timing gear drive, lifters by crane and A Q Jet carb that has been supposedly wokred for performance.

Could anyone explain these mods to me i have no idea what they mean and do. As I was always a rotary wanker who only gots 2 doritos and a stick for a motor lol.( 2 Rotors and a eccentric shaft). Ill try and find some pics if yah guys would like to see it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
What year is it, and post some pics if you got em. Welcome to the forum. :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Welcome Can't wait to see those pics.:thumbsup:

I'll try some of those answers:

4 Bolt main is the # of bolts on the main caps that hold the crank this is stronger that a 2 bolt main.

Steel crank shaft is a good thing.

pistons honed I am guessing he means the Cylinder walls which is o.k. that means when he went through the motor it wasn't worn enough to merit boring out.

2020 valves = big:thumbsup: # angle valve job is good flow better than stock.

Windage tray helps keep the oil from splashing around in the pan keeps it at the pick up for the pump.

Pete jackon gear drive?? Straight gears instead of a chain stronger lasts longer.

Q jets are great for the street no tuning just drive.

If I missed on any of this I'm sure someone will correct me.
I hope this helps and be sure to stay around a while lots of good info here.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
Welcome vetteRT. Raidmagic is right on with his explanation

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome and stay tuned in, you will learn. BTW I once owned a RX-7, bought it new in 1988. Was truely a great car and I had a blast in it. Dunno why I sold it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for all the replies and the great info supplied Im bound to learn quick with you guys. Hey i found some pics from a while ago hope yah guys like them. BTW its a 79 L-82 painted bone white

Front end with non popup lights

Good view of ecklers hood

Back end with nicely molded in Wing( get many compliments on it)

Pic of motor from 3yrs ago( its alot cleaner now)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Welcome :buhbye:

Jump into the C3 pit and join the fun:cheers:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Lookin good, enjoy the car and the forum. :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks great!! :thumbsup: I usually don't like stuff like that BUT this car is done VERY tastefully!! GREAT JOB!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :partyon:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
welcome aboard :) :buhbye: :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts