Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey I just registered here. I have a 68 corvette and its in storage at the moment but when we take it out I plan on new mufflers, racing seats, and wheels.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello from a fellow newbie. Iburke you said hello to me to:partyon: . Good man. All these dudes are cool. And they even have an ongoing thread to hook a kid up with some cool stuff because he said he loved corvettes in a newspaper article. Rock on , CORVETTE PRIDE!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
who here has the 69-70? maroon vette with white stripe? I've seen it around here with the red line tires. I like it a lot:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
350/350 LT1. my step dad did it back in the day. he had it since he was 18 now hes 53. hes letting me use it in the summer. he did the whole car when he got it without engine. muncie m21 4 speed. its sick i just dont dig the 15 inch wheels and the cracked leather seats.
Cool history!

Welcome to DC bro! :thumbsup:

BTW, I love the wheels :D They may be old school, but so is the car! :cheers:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Awesome car.

BTW. I love those wheels on a C3.:cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah the wheels look good in the pic but up close you can see the results of 25 year old aluminum. theyre all corrodid and dirty and polish didn't make much of a difference. I want to put 17-18 inch wheels on it if we decide to get new ones. The ride height is perfect though not planning on any mods in that department. Stock suspension in the back and big block springs in the front to raise the front a little. Also plan on flowmaster 40 series mufflers since the ones now have small rust holes and new racing seats similar to the ones in whoevers C3-R that is, only not sparcos, somewhere in the $200-300 range.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
he also had to have the fenders opened up to fit the bigass tires. the wheel opening is larger than stock. and does anyone else have a problem here with rocks or wheel weights flinging off the wheels and hitting the front fenders from underneath:bang hasnt happened yet since the new paintjob.

·
Registered
156 Posts
hey I just registered here. I have a 68 corvette and its in storage at the moment but when we take it out I plan on new mufflers...and wheels.

here is a scanned picture from last summer before I got digital camera:
Wow, sounds just like me. I've got a 69 that just found its way into storage until I'm home for the summer. Mine's a convertible though.

Oh, and the only picture I have of it is scanned from when it was a show car some 10+ years ago:

Welcome to the board! These guys are great, and know their stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts