Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how sick, twisted and demented the liberal obsession has become with Palin. The Washington Post and the NY times! -What an embarrassment. I am embarrassed for you.
-------------------------------

UPDATE: We have had a strong response to our crowdsourcing call-out on the Palin e-mails. We've reconsidered our approach and now would like to invite comments and annotations from any interested readers.

Here’s how to participate:Over 24,000 e-mail messages to and from Sarah Palin during her tenure as Alaska's governor will be released Friday . We’ll be posting them here, and are inviting you to comment on the most interesting or most noteworthy sections. Please include page numbers and, where possible, a direct excerpt. We'll share your comments with our reporters and may use facts or related material you suggest to annotate the documents displayed on The Post site. We may contact you for further details, by way of your registered e-mail with the Post, unless you specify otherwise in the comments.

For micro-updates as tomorrow unfolds, check out our new Twitter feed .

--

Over 24,000 e-mail messages to and from former Alaska governor Sarah Palin during her tenure as Alaska's governor will be released Friday. That's a lot of e-mail for us to review so we're looking for some help from Fix readers to analyze, contextualize, and research those e-mails right alongside Post reporters over the days following the release.

We are limiting this to just 100 spots for people who will work collaboratively in small teams to surface the most important information from the e-mails. Participants can join from anywhere with a computer and an Internet connection.

If you need inspiration before getting started, take a look at what to expect from the e-mail drop. For micro-updates as tomorrow unfolds, check out our new Twitter feed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...he-palin-emails/2011/06/08/AGZAaHNH_blog.html

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Good lord...:thud:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't get the obsession. They are worse than a psychotic, insecure and crazy ex girlfriend. Its rediculous.

·
Banned
9,760 Posts
This is how sick, twisted and demented the liberal obsession has become with Palin. The Washington Post and the NY times! -What an embarrassment. I am embarrassed for you.

UPDATE: We have had a strong response to our crowdsourcing call-out on the Palin e-mails. We've reconsidered our approach and now would like to invite comments and annotations from any interested readers.

Here’s how to participate:Over 24,000 e-mail messages to and from Sarah Palin during her tenure as Alaska's governor will be released Friday . We’ll be posting them here, and are inviting you to comment on the most interesting or most noteworthy sections. Please include page numbers and, where possible, a direct excerpt. We'll share your comments with our reporters and may use facts or related material you suggest to annotate the documents displayed on The Post site. We may contact you for further details, by way of your registered e-mail with the Post, unless you specify otherwise in the comments.

For micro-updates as tomorrow unfolds, check out our new Twitter feed .

--

Over 24,000 e-mail messages to and from former Alaska governor Sarah Palin during her tenure as Alaska's governor will be released Friday. That's a lot of e-mail for us to review so we're looking for some help from Fix readers to analyze, contextualize, and research those e-mails right alongside Post reporters over the days following the release.

We are limiting this to just 100 spots for people who will work collaboratively in small teams to surface the most important information from the e-mails. Participants can join from anywhere with a computer and an Internet connection.

If you need inspiration before getting started, take a look at what to expect from the e-mail drop. For micro-updates as tomorrow unfolds, check out our new Twitter feed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...he-palin-emails/2011/06/08/AGZAaHNH_blog.html
Come on shes got nothing to hide. This will just make the left look silly, right. Why bitch about it, let it happen and let the chips fall where they may.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
What does the dumbest woman in America have to do with a Corvette??
Welcome to DC! This is the news room where we argue about non-sense and call eachother dumb for disagreeing over who is dumb. If you are into politics, I encourage you to stick around and see if this section of DC is for you. If you are interested in just vettes, I encourage you to enjoy the rest of this vast site and just ignore front page posts from the news room.

:cheers:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Perhaps because this woman wants to make it easier to own, operate, and drive a Corvette, by increasing the economy, making gas and energy cheaper, and returning America to prosperity much more than the current person holding the highest office in the land who is also the dumbest person in the world?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts

[/url]
Maybe it's not that.. Let me pose a different thought.

24k is a huge amount of emails-- every company in the industry is vying to be the first to break some "revelation" for their 5 minute sound byte and resulting website hits-- thus driving up revenues.

Now if money is tight and you are no longer staffed to fight thorugh a ton of minutia and crap.. how do you overcome??? old school you hired temps or got interns.. but why pay for them even?? let the hords of gossip greedy people search for free.. you staff to validate the emails content from the hords.. (and if your a sensationalistic media center you don't even care about the truth.. so you don't staff to validate even)

what you've just done is exponentially increased you work force for free and if you lock the comments to your site you've ensured hits for increased revenues with free labor and a large source of it to beat your competitor to the sound byte..

So maybe it's not a liberal obsession.. maybe it's good old fashion republican money making driving this obsession...

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Maybe it's not that.. Let me pose a different thought.

24k is a huge amount of emails-- every company in the industry is vying to be the first to break some "revelation" for their 5 minute sound byte and resulting website hits-- thus driving up revenues.

Now if money is tight and you are no longer staffed to fight thorugh a ton of minutia and crap.. how do you overcome??? old school you hired temps or got interns.. but why pay for them even?? let the hords of gossip greedy people search for free.. you staff to validate the emails content from the hords.. (and if your a sensationalistic media center you don't even care about the truth.. so you don't staff to validate even)

what you've just done is exponentially increased you work force for free and if you lock the comments to your site you've ensured hits for increased revenues with free labor and a large source of it to beat your competitor to the sound byte..

So maybe it's not a liberal obsession.. maybe it's good old fashion republican money making driving this obsession...
It's not that. It's simply an anti-Palin forum in disguise.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
It's not that. It's simply an anti-Palin forum in disguise.
maybe-- but her five minute were up long time ago.. they could just not talk about her and she'd disappear..

something has to keep her in the media? not cause she's relevant. more like jersy shores-- and that's all about the $$$ cause it's sure not quality entertainement or educational

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
maybe-- but her five minute were up long time ago.. they could just not talk about her and she'd disappear..

something has to keep her in the media? not cause she's relevant. more like jersy shores-- and that's all about the $$$ cause it's sure not quality entertainement or educational
She would have gone away in those 5 minutes if the left ignored her. But they can't let it go for some reason. What about that journalist that moved next door to her....I mean the guy was from Chicago, and he just had to find a rental in Alaska? :laughing:

She is still around because the left is morbidly fascinated by her. They are obsessed with discrediting her and compelled to act on it. That's where the money comes in. I agree with you that it is a money making scheme, but it's still an anti-Palin forum.

Oh, btw, my wife has a masters in psych and she finds it very entertaining and educational....:laughing:

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Perhaps because this woman wants to make it easier to own, operate, and drive a Corvette, by increasing the economy, making gas and energy cheaper, and returning America to prosperity much more than the current person holding the highest office in the land who is also the dumbest person in the world?
So... we're talking about the same woman? :rolling:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Do you think maybe that if you took ANY person in public office and parsed 24,000 of their e-mails, you might expect to find some blunders or embarassing statements? OF COURSE! These people will act like they have discovered the lost Mayan gold or something, when this task is a no-brainer. I expect this will mean tit for tat left vs. right analysis of bulk e-mail releases from now on. How long before Bill Clinton's e-mails become public record?:crazy:

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Do you think maybe that if you took ANY person in public office and parsed 24,000 of their e-mails, you might expect to find some blunders or embarassing statements? OF COURSE! These people will act like they have discovered the lost Mayan gold or something, when this task is a no-brainer. I expect this will mean tit for tat left vs. right analysis of bulk e-mail releases from now on. How long before Bill Clinton's e-mails become public record?:crazy:
:agree: Or W's?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
:agree: Or W's?
I would agree, but I think I read that W didn't trust e-mails, and didn't want the extra paper trail. I guess he wasn't dumb in every way. :D

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
I would agree, but I think I read that W didn't trust e-mails, and didn't want the extra paper trail. I guess he wasn't dumb in every way. :D
I think I heard that somewhere before.

It's not like the "old days" where an "erase" button or a shredder could handle any potentially humiliating crisis.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
It was a simple "Yes" or "No" question.

Sorry to have confused you.
A simple question? Perhaps...simple things amuse simple minds. There was no confusion involved, which is why I directed you the other post.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts