Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey BLM,

I was on my way home from Byron on Sunday when an Illinois Trooper pulled my over for no Front Plate and Tinited Windows.

I played dumb when he asked if I knew that both were illegal and asked if I had be ticketed for them before. I Told him I never got a ticket for either infraction and was unaware that both were illegal.

Anyway he said he would check my record, if nothing I would get a warning ticket, which is what I got.. no fees or anything just a paper warning.

So my question.

Other then the issuing Officer, who else will know of or be aware of that warning ticket?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
No one will know unless the same cop pulls you over.

I've received 500 warning tickets in my day. I think they throw the yellow copies in the trash at the end of their shift.

The state of Illinois does not track warning tickets.

Of course, BLM will chime in with the "official" word of the Lord.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Im gonna have to disagree with ya Patrick, because my buddy cruising down I-80 was pulled over by a State Boy the other day for the same thing tinted windows and No front license plate, he played dumb, the cop checked his record, and told him "Don't play dumb with me son, you were warned about this back in June of last year".

Luckily he didnt get a ticket this time and the cop told him if he sees him out again like that he will get a ticket.

But who knows BLM will help us out here. I think it all depends on the cop.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
BLUBYU2002C5 said:
Im gonna have to disagree with ya Patrick, because my buddy cruising down I-80 was pulled over by a State Boy the other day for the same thing tinted windows and No front license plate, he played dumb, the cop checked his record, and told him "Don't play dumb with me son, you were warned about this back in June of last year".

Luckily he didnt get a ticket this time and the cop told him if he sees him out again like that he will get a ticket.

But who knows BLM will help us out here. I think it all depends on the cop.
I think the cop was pulling his leg!

Just to make my point, in one stop I got 3 warning tickets from the Illinois State Police (long story, apparently they didn't like my driving style).

All the tickets had unique numbers in the upper right hand corner.

About a month later I was pulled over by the Illinois State Police for no front plate, surely if he saw those warning tickets he should have nailed me good. But, he wrote me a warning ticket! Never mentioned the other 3.

:huh:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,410 Posts
Gotta love the south. In Kentucky we don't have front plates :) We also don't have big traffic jams, smog, riots. What we DO HAVE is the home of the Corvette and the NCM:thumbsup:

B

·
0 Posts
I believe that the ISP warning tickets are kept in a database that can be searched if the officer wishes to put in the effort. I am not 100% certain of this but if you would like, I can contact them and inquire?

My P.D. doesnt issue warning tickets.

I would not worry one bit about getting one. It may come back to bite you later but I doubt it. Just continue to play the dumb ass when you get questioned about those infractions. They aren't moving violations anyway so they have no bearing on your license status.

·
Registered
218 Posts
-=Jeff=-

I got "front plated" on my way home from byron too (in Ogle County on RT 38)!!!!

Same Cop?????

Anyway, I got the ticket for that and and another registration issue.

Let me know if you want to carpool to court!:rolleyes: :nuts:

Question: “Hello officer, nice day (raining out), why did you pull me over???”

Answer: “you do NOT have a front plate, but...... I am pretty sure you already KNEW that…. Also this, that and the other thing!!!!!!!!!……….License and registration sir…….."

Question: “Butt.......(Lame excuse)........!!!!!!!!”

Answer: “Tell it to the judge!!!!!!!!!!!!”

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Damn! And I thought I was the only clown to get pulled over so much ... and arrested!

Welcome to the club, fellow law-breakers!

:partyon:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
If I get stopped for no front plate, I will play dumb. When I took delivery of my new car, the salesman told me the front plate from my trade is in the compartment in the rear on the right. If the dealer, who should comply with Secretary of State's laws, didn't put it on, why should I think it's not legal??
Same thing with buying a car with tints, why are they allowed to sell something that doesn't comply with the law??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts