Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
No, i don't agree. With that line of thinking, you'd be in the same boat no matter what car you had if it was your only car. You'll be facing the same problem with any modern car. Nothing is cheap to work on these days. :huh:
I'll start another thread where we can go into more detail. I don't wanna keep jackin' my man's thread.

Ok thx junkman its only done it twice since then but now ill get right on it. Ive got 76 000 miles on my clutch so im gonna have to replace it one day ill just do the flywheel at the same time. I do think it can cost a lot of money. Spent 600 dollars just to the the fricking pop up lights to pop.
Oooh man, that's crazy! Whoever you took that to, don't go back! They robbed you! :surprised

As for the flywheel, I didn't say it was bad, I said not to damage it by continuing to using the car with the starter all jacked up. To replace the flywheel, you have to pull the entire motor. That's not anything you want to do if you don't have to. Replacing the starter consist of dropping one section of the passenger's side exhaust. Easy job that becomes a nightmare if you neglect it and break off some teeth of the flywheel. Worse yet, you break the chunk of aluminum that holds the starter to the engine block. You have already read about that nightmare!

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
I don't get it... why does this problem make these cars not good DDs?
...I don't believe AJ meant only this problem, but problems in
general, if its your only ride and you can't afford a clutch or
what not, friends and public transportation is looking mighty
good about now.....:laughing:

...:agree: with AJ.....:cheers:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
...I don't believe AJ meant only this problem, but problems in
general, if its your only ride and you can't afford a clutch or
what not, friends and public transportation is looking mighty
good about now.....:laughing:

...:agree: with AJ.....:cheers:
That's what I meant. That reminds me, I forgot to start that thread... :lookinup:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts