Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 FRC one month ago. At first, the hazards weren't working and the blinkers would quit working intermittently. Shortly thereafter, the blinkers and taillights quit working altogether. It was recommended to me that I spray WD-40 in the hazard switch on the dash and press it in a bunch of times. I did this and the blinkers and tail lights began to work again, but the hazards only worked when the switch was pressed just right and held in that position. After that, my dash light, interior lights, and tail lights only came on sporadically when I turned the headlights on. Now none of those lights come on when the headlights are on. The brake lights still work, as do my headlights and blinkers.

Does anyone have a clue what is causing this?

Thanks,

Jamie

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had intermittent indicator problems and had to replace the Hazard switch that solved my problem, switch $30 but the dash pad has to come off to get at it, who was the idiot that designed that :thud:

good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
:agree: with the Hazzard switch, heard a lot of problems coming from that bugger.:down:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

The dealership is baffled. They haven't been able to come up with a solution to this problem. They said that my hazard switch needs to be replaced, but that isn't part of my electrical problem.

Does anyone else have any idea what might be going on?

I am starting to rue the day I bought this car....grrr.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just bought a 2000 FRC one month ago. At first, the hazards weren't working and the blinkers would quit working intermittently. Shortly thereafter, the blinkers and taillights quit working altogether. It was recommended to me that I spray WD-40 in the hazard switch on the dash and press it in a bunch of times. I did this and the blinkers and tail lights began to work again, but the hazards only worked when the switch was pressed just right and held in that position. After that, my dash light, interior lights, and tail lights only came on sporadically when I turned the headlights on. Now none of those lights come on when the headlights are on. The brake lights still work, as do my headlights and blinkers.

Does anyone have a clue what is causing this?

Thanks,

Jamie
IMO It's the Hazard switch! It's too classic,and we've seen this SAME thing many times. I think you need to find a new stealership!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:agree: On the Hazard switch being the culprit, however I saw a fix that didn't involve removing the top dash pad.

http://myweb.cableone.net/kd5fx/HSwitch/HSwitch.htm
I followed these instructions and they were dead on. Thanks for the link!

Unfortunately, replacing the hazard switch did not fix the tail light problem so I guess the culprit is the multifunction switch or a bad ground somewhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Could be a relay too... my damn Maintenance DVD is hosed up right now so I can't help you at the moment. Hang in there, I'm sure someone will...

DIid replacing the HAzard fix anything? You had alot of funky stuff going on!!! Maybe you have a problem with Menahunes!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 2000tht
ok when i put the key in dash lights come on and front marker lights when i turn the lights on my marker lights go off my dash lights go off and i have no tailights but the headlights r on can someone help me out with this?????

I had the same problem in my 01 Blazer. It ended up being the multifunction switch. I don't know of anything else that is connected to the circuit for the front markers and the taillights. The other possibility is a ground problem.

Have you tried using the hazard flashers? When my switch went bad the proper lights would flash but when I used the brakes they would stay on but stop flashing.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Bump.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Bump.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts