Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on doing the best mods for my car. Heres my plan for it...

Miniram? not set on this
Exhaust-front y with no cats, pipe in place of the resonator, rear y with crossover tube, muffler elims.
Intake-K&N filter, Modified air filter lid, Smooth plenum.
Heads? What do you recommend?
Cam? What do you recommend?
ignition system? What do you recommend?
Gears? 3.74 4.09?
If I am missing any thing that you think would be good for this set up tell me.
What power would I be looking at?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Dnto froegt teh stea cvores....:laughing:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I need help on doing the best mods for my car. Heres my plan for it...

Miniram? not set on this
Exhaust-front y with no cats, pipe in place of the resonator, rear y with crossover tube, muffler elims.
Intake-K&N filter, Modified air filter lid, Smooth plenum.
Heads? What do you recommend?
Cam? What do you recommend?
ignition system? What do you recommend?
Gears? 3.74 4.09?
If I am missing any thing that you think would be good for this set up tell me.
What power would I be looking at?
So that people can give you some acurate recomendations on some of your future mods....especially on things like a "specific" set of Heads, or A "specific" Cam Grind, Ect.... list your aproximate horsepower goals that you have in mind.....and VERY importantly, the type of intentions you have for the car... IE: still daily driven with occasional trips to the dragstrip Ect....Is emmisions an issue for you?....and is gas mileage an issue of great importance?......this will give people an idea what your trying to achieve before they blindly start recomending parts:D .......oh yea, I almost forgot the biggest issue.....how much do you want to spend:D .....Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will be daily driven with some trips to the strip and about 400-450hp sounds good. emmisions are not an issue Gas is not an issue and about 4-5 thousand dollars is my budget. Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
You plan on using your current bottom end?......how many miles on it?

·
Registered
441 Posts
yes if thats possible it has 59,82 miles on it
Yea, as long as it still has pretty even cylinder pressure you should be fine.....

·
Registered
441 Posts
For Heads which is really the heart of any combo....and since you have a good chunck of cash to spend on your mods....I would personally go with one of the best sets of heads...Air Flow Researches new fully "ASSEMBLED" Eliminator series 195CC heads.....these are a slightly improved port design from their already awesome line of existing cylinder heads.....they come in two versions. "street" porting, and they're "Competition" package street porting....the later is obviously the best, and I would go with them......they have awesome low and mid lift flow numbers as well as really good high lift numbers(we just put these on a buddies Vette and the results were real good)....this will be about as much cylinder head as you'd ever want, or need for your engine......and a dual patern cam in the (mid to high) 220's @ 50 , with just under 600 valve lift, would compliment things just right... Comp Cams has several shelf cam grinds in this range for your engine, OR you could have a custom grind done special for your combo(which personally, is always the route I go)....if you want to go custom, just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cam grinders e-mail(it's still ground at Comp Cams facility, and on their equipment).......These heads, and a cam in the range(size) mentioned, will put you in the range of aproximately 450-480 Crank HP (and similar torque numbers) .....this is ofcourse with all of the other "regular" supporting mods....IE 1 3/4 longtube headers, Mini-ram (that you mentioned) , NSA Roller Rockers, Ect.......As far as ignition, the MSD Digital 6 box is a good piece, as also is the Mallory 685 series of ignitions....either of these choices would be plenty......And Ring and pinion gears...either of your choices would be fine....I prefer 4.10's(or close to it) for a 6 speed car, since it has the deep overdrives.......www.precisiongear.com is one of your best gear brand choices(Their very strong and they tend not to have much gear whine)..........properly set-up , and with some MT drag radials...this type package will go right into the high 11's at aproximately 115+ MPH.............Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
supposing it does and it holds up what is the next weak spot?
In the power range (and equally important RPM range) were talking about here, there aren't too many "standout" weak spots in the bottom end......In good shape they commonly put up with these power levels for a LONG time:thumbsup:......and if you mean weak links "other" than the bottom end....not much either...the clutch may need some attention but thats usually about it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks but i did some research and i cant find any seat covers that are black and in my price range.:lookinup:

·
Registered
51 Posts
joe knows his stuff . maybe keep away from the custom stuff in case u don't
know what to order, less hassel with off the shelve cam.
very big gears and 450hp and rain don't mix well be careful and buy extra
tires. i hear SPEC makes a good clutch also centerforce

1 - 17 of 17 Posts