Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal i changed my differential fluid today i jacked all four corners up i eye balled it and got the car as level as possible , i pumped out as much fluid as i could , then i added the bottle of GM LS additive , and began to pump my 80w90 differential fluid and i pumped it untill it began to spill out of the hole , then i put the screw cap back on and test drove it , i heard no chatter or whining or any noise , did i do the job exactly how its supposed to be done? or where could i have paid more attention to?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
DO NOT DRIVE YOUR CAR!!!!!!! STOP NOW!!!!!

Just kidding, that's the way it's done. Using the upper most hole, I'm anal about those types of things I'd drive it a bit and top it off were it me.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Now go to a big empty lot and do low speed figure 8's to get all the fluid to where it needs to go.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Now go to a big empty lot and do low speed figure 8's to get all the fluid to where it needs to go.:thumbsup:
:agree:

Although it's not nearly as critical when you are changing fluid versus adding to a new unit. Sounds like you did it the right way. The only question is: how long are your hands going to smell like old, burnt up fluid?

:smack

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
:agree:

Although it's not nearly as critical when you are changing fluid versus adding to a new unit. Sounds like you did it the right way. The only question is: how long are your hands going to smell like old, burnt up fluid?

:smack
exactly why I wear latex/rubber gloves when ever I work on a vehicle lol

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
El☠Diablo;1856376 said:
haha almost got me , but thanks for the extra assurance , as for the topping of part does the fluid drop much? if its low would it make noise?
Not usually, just something I do for extra assurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts