Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i have an extra $3,000 to spend right now. my car is stock except for magnapacks....

im only spending it on performance. nothing on appearance. whats the best way to spend 3 grand?

if it helps... future upgrades include a kenne bell as soon as it comes out.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
You can send it to me, I'll spend it for you!:D

Seriously though, I'd say go for full exhaust, intake and a cam (I guess that's about 3 grand? I don't know...:lookinup: )

·
Registered
121 Posts
Took the words out of my mouth, you can send it to me since I just spent 3k building a new PC that was supposed to go to my new C6.

I was thinking Corsas and an X-pipe, headers, and stiffer tunnel plate since it'll be easy to get to then.

Then I plan on adding either Z51 or Z06 sways and some bilstein shocks since mine has the base suspension. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
740 Posts
If I had $3000 to spend I would make a phone call to LG Motorsports and they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction based on what goals you have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Intake, Headers, and a tune. that should be 3k.

·
Registered
386 Posts
if it helps... future upgrades include a kenne bell as soon as it comes out.

If you intend to install a Kenne Bell supercharger in the future (to be paid for from a separate budget) would it make more sense to spend the current budget of $3,000 on suspension components?

For example, you could install competition sway bars and coil springs. Or you could opt for a big brake kit with larger, lighter discs and calipers. That Kenne Bell will transform your car into a missile... and you might appreciate the increased ability to corner or decelerate with greater confidence.

The reason that I ask about modding the suspension is that the Kenne Bell may moot any modded intake, cam, or tune. I suppose that you would prefer each stage of your mods to complement the previous ones, rather than to make them obsolete.

Also, many of your opponents on the track or the street will have overlooked the importance of suspension upgrades... and it's possible that their handling would be relatively poor compared to yours.

Hope I didn't put you to sleep.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you intend to install a Kenne Bell supercharger in the future (to be paid for from a separate budget) would it make more sense to spend the current budget of $3,000 on suspension components?

For example, you could install competition sway bars and coil springs. Or you could opt for a big brake kit with larger, lighter discs and calipers. That Kenne Bell will transform your car into a missile... and you might appreciate the increased ability to corner or decelerate with greater confidence.

The reason that I ask about modding the suspension is that the Kenne Bell may moot any modded intake, cam, or tune. I suppose that you would prefer each stage of your mods to complement the previous ones, rather than to make them obsolete.

Also, many of your opponents on the track or the street will have overlooked the importance of suspension upgrades... and it's possible that their handling would be relatively poor compared to yours.

Hope I didn't put you to sleep.
yeah, this is the way im going. i havent totally decided which suspension to use yet. pfadt is a solid choice, but im thinking of kw or eibach.

then there is the brembo, stoptech, or baer decision.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah, this is the way im going. i havent totally decided which suspension to use yet. pfadt is a solid choice, but im thinking of kw or eibach.

then there is the brembo, stoptech, or baer decision.
What suspension do you have on your car from GM? Is it the Z51? :cheers:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Depending on how much power you plan to add to your car in the future you may also want to consider building your bottom end with some forged internals.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Intake, Headers, and a tune. that should be 3k.

:agree:
Resold my LG lt's (very easy to sell in parts section) after running them for a year and recouped most of my investment and applied that towards my next upgrades. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
:agree:
Resold my LG lt's (very easy to sell in parts section) after running them for a year and recouped most of my investment and applied that towards my next upgrades. :thumbsup:
You resold your LG upgrades to apply to what nexts upgrades? Wouldn't you keep adding more upgrades to your car. What upgrades did you resell and why? sorry Im confused. :cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Rob M,
I too am looking at LG , Kooks and Dynatech. Are your headers 1 7/8 . did you get cats , X pipe ect.Thanks,Jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rob M,
I too am looking at LG , Kooks and Dynatech. Are your headers 1 7/8 . did you get cats , X pipe ect.Thanks,Jeff

I put the Borla S Exhaust on it with X pipe in 2006. I just added the LG Long Tube Headers 1 7/8 with cats , Halltech intake and had it Dyno Tuned at LG about three weeks ago. The throttle reponose is a dig difference from stock and the HP. Man can you feel the difference after the mods are done. (Im Happy) I would do it all at the same time if you can........thumbsup:

·
Registered
286 Posts
You resold your LG upgrades to apply to what nexts upgrades? Wouldn't you keep adding more upgrades to your car. What upgrades did you resell and why? sorry Im confused. :cheers:
Sold LG lt headers to upgrade to twin turbos. Turbos require their own set of exhaust manifolds and intake. The LG's were sold in the first hour I posted them.
The intake is a halltech stinger (which I still have in the garage) but will probably sell as well as soon as I get the energy to clean it because it has seen about 9k miles. :cheers:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sold LG lt headers to upgrade to twin turbos. Turbos require their own set of exhaust manifolds and intake. The LG's were sold in the first hour I posted them.
The intake is a halltech stinger (which I still have in the garage) but will probably sell as well as soon as I get the energy to clean it because it has seen about 9k miles. :cheers:

Got it ... thanks for the info:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts