kooks lt headers with cats.
corst sport cutback
under drive pully .
haltech intake.
maf screen removed.
160 thermostat.
diablo tune.
spec stage 2 clutch wth flywheel.

when i instaled the performance parts the car was flying for 3 days,then one day the engine belt got loose and the engin tempriture went hi and since so i shut down the engine and took the car to the workshop the guys there told me that nothing was wrong with the engine and they just change the spark plugs. but the car loost alot of its power and the idel is very bad too ,it jurks alot . please advice what to do ??? i even get missfire code the idel is set to 850 rpm using the preditor .. please help :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like whoever worked on your car didn't get the belt tensioner installed correctly. Belts don't come loose on their own. Of course whoever worked on your car will want to believe/hope that nothing is wrong.

You might want to have a leak down test done by somebody else to see if you have any ring or valve damage. If they changed the spark plugs then the car must have gotten pretty hot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2005 em! just a thought if it is one of the vins with slipping crank pulley. there is a tsb for it,if it is in that build

·
Registered
44 Posts
Subject: Check Gages Light, Battery Voltage Low, Accessory Drive Belt Slipping or Missing (Install New Crankshaft Balancer with POA Friction Washer) #05-06-01-001D - (02/24/2006)

Models: 2005 Chevrolet Corvette

with 6.0L Engine (VIN U - RPO LS2)

Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 55111039

·
Registered
331 Posts
silver c6 said:
i have the folowing mods on my 2005 c6
224 224 581 581 112 cam .
kooks lt headers with cats.
corst sport cutback
under drive pully .
haltech intake.
maf screen removed.
160 thermostat.
diablo tune.
spec stage 2 clutch wth flywheel.

when i instaled the performance parts the car was flying for 3 days,then one day the engine belt got loose and the engin tempriture went hi and since so i shut down the engine and took the car to the workshop the guys there told me that nothing was wrong with the engine and they just change the spark plugs. but the car loost alot of its power and the idel is very bad too ,it jurks alot . please advice what to do ??? i even get missfire code the idel is set to 850 rpm using the preditor .. please help :(
Check the coolant for signs of blowby. An overheat in an aluminum engine can cause a blown head gasket. The plastic intake manifold may have warped too, allowing air to leak around the head to manifold seal. This would cause the car to run lean, which would cause rough idle and loss of power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts