Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 C5 Convertible and just added the Tigershark front and rear bumpers with the chin spoiler (not painted). My car is currently the factory Magnetic Red Metallic. I want to repaint the entire car (door jambs/engine bay etc.) I wish to repaint it in Lamborgini Orange using a white base coat and 2-3 coats of clear. I have heard of problems with the red metallic bleeding through the new color. Has anyone completed this color change had any problems??:lookinup: Does anyone know of a professional painter in Northern Virginia that would be willing to handle such a task??:huh: I don't care how long or much the paint job costs. I just don't want to have to go back for orange spray or runs. I would like for my car to look showroom. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave from Virginia:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
if your going through all of the expense and trouble of stripping the car down you might aswell do a couple more coats of clear, maybe 4-5~ may seem excessive to some but its just increasing the value of your investment because it will be harder to break through to the color coat and you'll have more room for buffing in the future if an issue such as swirling or surface scratches come up

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know just the guy for the job... I need to get his contact info for you and will post as soon as I can.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks Guys,
Any info would be greatly appreciated. The extra clear coats would most definately be worth it in the long run. I have the interior stripped from the car as we speak and the conv. top removed to be replaced with a new black top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts