Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with my drivers door lock. The drivers side door will not lock or unlock using the FOB or the switch on the inside door panel. The passenger door and rear hatch work fine. When pressing the lock or unlock button on the FOB or the door switch, I can hear a click inside of the door, but it doesn't lock or unlock. Would this be the door lock actuator? I am asking because I can hear a click in the door, but the locks just don't do anything. As a note, I have the passive turned off on the remote and in the DIC. Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Have you removed the door panel before or do you know how? How are your soldering skills? There is a relay mounted to a circuit board that may need to be replaced. It cost pennies, however, it is not a dealership part. The dealership will sell you the entire window & lock module for around $300. You may just need a .47 relay. Get back to me with some answers. This is easy to figure out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread but I have the same issue - except my door will unlock with the FOB and by pressing the unlock button inside. It just will not lock, unless i manually flip it over.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Not trying to hijack the thread but I have the same issue - except my door will unlock with the FOB and by pressing the unlock button inside. It just will not lock, unless i manually flip it over.
Your situation is different. Start your own thread when you want to fix it and we'll handle it there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts