Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a degree in pet psychology?

We have 2 labs, one black, one chocolate.

My black lab is really acting out.

My wife and I work from home, so our dogs are used to us being around nearly all the time.

The other day when the wife and I went out, we came back 2 hours later and all the garbage can contents in my wifes office, and mine, were strewn across the floor and chewed up! Interesting, he didn't knock over the garbage cans, just drag all the contents out one by one!

Then, yesterday, he did the same thing, except we were gone 15 minutes!

Then today, of all WACKO things to do, Amy found him laying on the dining room table!!!!!!! Holy cow did we freak out at him.

I figure the first two events were "separation anxiety" (which he never had before)... but the dining room table incident, I just can't figure out.

Anyone have an idea how we can resolve this issue?:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,956 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:

Then today, of all WACKO things to do, Amy found him laying on the dining room table!!!!!!! Holy cow did we freak out at him.

I figure the first two events were "separation anxiety" (which he never had before)... but the dining room table incident, I just can't figure out.
He was hungry? :laughing:

Sounds like he/she is going through something simular to human teenager problems...
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
He's damn sick and tired of the cat and was trying to clear out the garbage can to place the carcass in when he was done murdering it.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:
He's damn sick and tired of the cat and was trying to clear out the garbage can to place the carcass in when he was done murdering it.
BLM - Why do you say such terrible things about my precious babies? I'm so sad at you.


Look at that face over there (see avatar). How could you think bad thoughts about him?

You're just a big MEANIE!
Maybe you should change your handle to BIG MEANIE MAN instead of BIG LAW MAN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
Me thinks you need;

A. To find a real pet "shrink"
or
B. A house sitter, 24/7 so "Blackie" isn't alone
or
C. One less dog and I think you know which one.....

(maybe sitting down and watching some films together that show stray dogs, like in Iraq...and simply point out that he/she could have it a lot worse, so knock it off)

we have a Pomeranian that we got as a stray, last week he started pooping out..literally, took him to the vet. For $109 the vet told us he is traumatized, son is now home from college and between him and my daughter and their gf/bf friends the dog is STRESSED out! He has developed a spastic colon!!!

We were dog free for about 3 months before an ex neighbor dropped this spaz on us.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,667 Posts
im no pet pscychologist-but i did stay at a holiday in express.
i have dogs and parrots.some times i video tape when im gone to see whats going on.i have not experienced what you are seeing now.you might ask your vet (not the car;) ) for advise before this escilates to a point where the dog shits and pisses everytime.then that thread you started about "poop"wont seem so funny anymore:laughing: good luck,Todd.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
im no pet pscychologist-but i did stay at a holiday in express.
i have dogs and parrots.some times i video tape when im gone to see whats going on.i have not experienced what you are seeing now.you might ask your vet (not the car;) ) for advise before this escilates to a point where the dog shits and pisses everytime.then that thread you started about "poop"wont seem so funny anymore:laughing: good luck,Todd.

Your'e funny, but there's one thing I don't understand...How does staying at a Holiday Inn Express have anything to do with a pet psychologist? :huh:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B-girl said:
BLM - Why do you say such terrible things about my precious babies? I'm so sad at you.


Look at that face over there (see avatar). How could you think bad thoughts about him?

You're just a big MEANIE!
Maybe you should change your handle to BIG MEANIE MAN instead of BIG LAW MAN.
:laughing: :thumbsup:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
B-girl said:
Your'e funny, but there's one thing I don't understand...How does staying at a Holiday Inn Express have anything to do with a pet psychologist? :huh:
You must have missed the Holiday Inn Express commercials.

The point of there commercials is that you could fly a 747, or even do brain surgery because of the great nights sleep you had at their hotels. The commercials are pretty funny.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,667 Posts
B-girl said:
Your'e funny, but there's one thing I don't understand...How does staying at a Holiday Inn Express have anything to do with a pet psychologist? :huh:
its a t.v. commercial for holiday inn.
example-there will be a bunch of guys in a nuclear power plant control room,all the alarms and sirens are blasting,everyone looking puzzled,one man takes over the situation,everyone looks at him and says,"wow,you know what to do,are you a nuclear specialist?"and the guy says,"no,im with the tour group,but i did stay in a holiday inn express last night".
there a series of these commercials.i guess if you stay over night there,you can do anything..so now im a pet pscychologist.get it.i know your situation is serious,sorry if that was not funny,i was just trying to lighten the mood a little.good luck.Todd:buhbye:
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
its a t.v. commercial for holiday inn.
example-there will be a bunch of guys in a nuclear power plant control room,all the alarms and sirens are blasting,everyone looking puzzled,one man takes over the situation,everyone looks at him and says,"wow,you know what to do,are you a nuclear specialist?"and the guy says,"no,im with the tour group,but i did stay in a holiday inn express last night".
there a series of these commercials.i guess if you stay over night there,you can do anything..so now im a pet pscychologist.get it.i know your situation is serious,sorry if that was not funny,i was just trying to lighten the mood a little.good luck.Todd:buhbye:
Hey, Hawaii guy, thanks for clearing up my question about the Holiday Inn! Now that I know about the commercials, I can tell you that your comment was very clever.

And I was serious about saying your reply was funny....it was! You don't know me, so let me clue you in...I have a great sense of humor. I am not easily offended. The situation with Onyx (the dog) is not a "serious situation", it's just a challenging situation. Being held at gun point - now that's serious.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,667 Posts
if i ever make my way back to Illinois,maybe i can meet youself,Patrick and the other guys and gals from Ill.you all probably know each other.alot from Illinois on here.
in 1988,i was in bootcamp and "A" school in great lakes.theres nice land around some of those areas.used to go down to rush street in chicago.im from L.A. and im a big Rams fan(still today).my dad had season tickets to the collisium my hole life.so the Rams were playing the Bears on my birthday,me and a buddy were on the way to 'soldier field',had a few drinks and had to go...
went into a alley and was just about to relieve myself when a cop on a horse came around the corner,i ran,got caught down the street and went to jail:spanked: spent the whole night there,while the big law men ;) took my tickets.thats o.k.,i still liked it there.what the hell am i talking about...later,Todd.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
if i ever make my way back to Illinois,maybe i can meet youself,Patrick and the other guys and gals from Ill.you all probably know each other.alot from Illinois on here.
in 1988,i was in bootcamp and "A" school in great lakes.theres nice land around some of those areas.used to go down to rush street in chicago.im from L.A. and im a big Rams fan(still today).my dad had season tickets to the collisium my hole life.so the Rams were playing the Bears on my birthday,me and a buddy were on the way to 'soldier field',had a few drinks and had to go...
went into a alley and was just about to relieve myself when a cop on a horse came around the corner,i ran,got caught down the street and went to jail:spanked: spent the whole night there,while the big law men ;) took my tickets.thats o.k.,i still liked it there.what the hell am i talking about...later,Todd.
Hey! I'm a California native too! But I grew up at the North end. In The Bay Area. I've only lived in Illinois for four years. Sorry to hear about your arrest. That sucks! And I can't believe there was a cop on a horse either! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
Cut the end off an extension cord and leave it hanging in the garbage can, he gets ahold of that mofo and he will never chew another damn thing again :D
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,667 Posts
cats were pissing on my friends rims all the time.he took hamberger meat and made meat balls,inside were little fish hooks.he put them around the car.i came by at night and picked them all up.he thought the cats took the bait.the rim pissing continued;) that was just to cruel.later,Todd.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
Sounds to me like he might be a tad bit spoiled. He's so used to you being around, that this is his way of rebelling when you leave him alone. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
375 Posts
Any chance it's something as simple as candy wrappers in the trash can?

Had a friend whos lab would follow him around the yard while he was mowing the grass. The dog was worried it would be left alone.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Seriously...I have had Labs my entire life. They are a very affectionate breed that is VERY prone to separation anxiety. They grow so attached to their masters that it can be very difficult for them to be alone. That is why when you raise a Lab you must begin to leave it alone when it is a puppy so that it will not get to the point of the anxiety. If you didnt raise the pup and got the dog when it was older then odds are the person who raised the dog did not train it appropriately.

The anxiety is very difficult to get past with an older dog, and especially in your circumstance being with the dogs all the time will make it even harder. I fear they will never be able to be alone for very long now. I can leave Sophie alone for 12 hours without worry. She has a strong bladder and although she would rather be right by my side she doesnt mind being alone.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top