Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my rims in today ...nice custom rims went with the basic 15x8 4 inch backspace ..with 255/60 ..figured it was my best hope of haveing trouble free install

But like every thing ive done in the last 6 months ..im the exception to the rule these just are not machined enough to clear my brake calipers ...so i made a quick run to autozone and grabbed a pack of cheapo 5/16 spacers knowing they would NOT be worth useing (there the uni-lug ..spacers my wheel will be taking the standard lug nut so these things would probably be Way off balance).....but it provided me something to bolt a couple wheels up and check clearances and see if i was going to be stuck with crazy rubber past the fender for 10 bucks :thud:

so now i need a 5/16 spacers for a c3 ...and new studs of course...but i want my best shot at avoiding the vibrations i hear some many people get from spacers messing with the balance... im guessing alot of people try running these autozone pieces of junk..

But anyway if your useing a spacer and are happy with it ...where did you get it ??

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I had good luck with these. Nice quality, other thicknesses available. Check, but I think it is two per pack.

Jegs

Baer Brake 2000008
Billet Wheel Spacer .250 Thickness 5 x 4-1/4 4-1/2 4-3/4 Bolt Circle
Standard Spacers
Item# 136-2000008
Ships Today
Only $58.99

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so the ET lugs actually replace the old style shorty nuts but just have a narrow end to go down into the wheel? ive never used those ..how much thread can you pick up with those ...and whats the safe minimum to achieve ? anyone know?

right now with these new wheels and spaced with a 5/16 spacer i can achieve a pitiful ..2-3 threads MAX ..

im just running a stock motor .. just cruiseing ..but i dont want to sacrifice safty :thumbsup:

but wow those would save some time and money!

·
Registered
38 Posts
so the ET lugs actually replace the old style shorty nuts but just have a narrow end to go down into the wheel? ive never used those ..how much thread can you pick up with those ...and whats the safe minimum to achieve ? anyone know?

right now with these new wheels and spaced with a 5/16 spacer i can achieve a pitiful ..2-3 threads MAX ..

im just running a stock motor .. just cruiseing ..but i dont want to sacrifice safty :thumbsup:

but wow those would save some time and money!
The shank on the ET style lugs is 0.33 inch on mine, you also have to check the OD of the shank on the ones you get to make sure they will fit inside to holes on your wheels, mine were 0.61 inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts