Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to start the 07 last night...it just clicked once when I pressed the start button...then the lights came on along with the radio. I could not turn anything off. Left it due to a commitment that I could not miss. Came back and the battery was completly dead. Charged it for 24 hours and reconnected the battery. The car seems to be fine until I press the start button...then I just get a click....no start. Any ideas? Is the battery toast? Bad ground, somewhere...any history of this? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Fob??

Have you tried it with both FOBs. One of my FOBs is finicky. The click happens to me sometimes but it always turns things off when I open the door.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Is it a quiet relay type click or the louder starter solenoid type click?
What messages if any are on the DIC when this happens?

If its a relay click and youre SURE the battery is fully charged and healthy try a different fob. if still no luck its most likely a control electrical issue.

If its a starter solenoid click, check your battery cables(you should do this regardless of type of noise) if all is well its most likely a starter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, thanks for your help and support. I have found the issue! The main ground from the battery to the engine block was loose. Tightened it and all is well. I appreciate your ideas and potential solutions. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The end that atttaches to the engine block...close to the starter. Good thing to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts