Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All....i Have A 2000 C5 And The Check Engine Light Is On....took It Into The Dealer And They Said That It Was The Emissions; Put On A New Emission And The Check Eng Light Is Still On. So They Put The Old One Back On.....does Anyone Know If It Is A Recall?

Female In Need!:wtf

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since it came on a few mo ago.....I took it in to get svc'd and they tested it w/the diagnostic. It read that there was something wrong w/the emissions. I ordered it and then they put it on reset the computer and it still showed emissions. I have downloaded the codes and am goin to attempt to clear it myself. These damn computers!!:smack

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Keep us post as to how you are maken out with this trouble...:D

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
dont know if it will help what my mechanic did was just unhook the battery for 30 seconds and when he reconnected the check engine light clears almost 3 months now hoping this will help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO CHECK IT YET.....WILL DO TONIGHT. NO, IT ISN'T THE FUEL CAP....THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST SAID IT WAS THE EMISSIONS. :WTF HAVING A FEELING THAT THE MOBIL 1 SYNTHETIC BRAND OF OIL IS THE CULPRIT.....READING ABOUT IT ON DC......GOIN TO CHANGE TO VALVOLINE SYNTHETIC! :cheers:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO CHECK IT YET.....WILL DO TONIGHT. NO, IT ISN'T THE FUEL CAP....THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST SAID IT WAS THE EMISSIONS. :WTF HAVING A FEELING THAT THE MOBIL 1 SYNTHETIC BRAND OF OIL IS THE CULPRIT.....READING ABOUT IT ON DC......GOIN TO CHANGE TO VALVOLINE SYNTHETIC! :cheers:

The fuel cap is part of the emissions system. The brand of oil won't cause that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SO THE BRAND OF OIL WON'T HELP? WHAT ABOUT THE GAS CAP AGAIN? THE CHECK ENG LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR ABOUT 2 MO NOW......DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT EVERY TIME I GET FUEL, THAT I AM PUTTING THE CAP ON WRONG? :huh:

HAVEN'T DONE THE BATTERY DISCON YET.....WILL DO AFTER WORK. HAVING MY FRIEND HELP ME SINCE I AM TOO THICK 2 KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!! :smack

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
took It Into The Dealer And They Said That It Was The Emissions; Put On A New Emission And The Check Eng Light Is Still On. So They Put The Old One Back On.....

Female In Need!:wtf
How much did the dealer charge you for the emission? Was it alot of labor to swap the emission with another one?

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
How much did the dealer charge you for the emission? Was it alot of labor to swap the emission with another one?

I know I paid about $1300 for one of those a few years back, granted it was on a VW bug so I'm not sure if the cost is the same.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
SO THE BRAND OF OIL WON'T HELP? WHAT ABOUT THE GAS CAP AGAIN? THE CHECK ENG LIGHT HAS BEEN ON FOR ABOUT 2 MO NOW......DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT EVERY TIME I GET FUEL, THAT I AM PUTTING THE CAP ON WRONG? :huh:

HAVEN'T DONE THE BATTERY DISCON YET.....WILL DO AFTER WORK. HAVING MY FRIEND HELP ME SINCE I AM TOO THICK 2 KNOW HOW TO DO IT!!! :smack
Do you work from home?

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Hey Betsy -

It was great seeing you and your car at BG today! Glad you got the new immersion installed.

Steven

1 - 17 of 17 Posts