Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed the engine bay of my 01, I though I was being carful. Now it runs crappy. It runs like it's missing very low power. What could I possibly done, and how can I fix it?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Mine ran a little crappy right after but I think it was cause i got the filter wet, it should fix itself once it dries

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Did you cover the alternater and coil packs ?

Uh Oh

Bon

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
I wash my engine bay regularly, touch wood, never cover anything never had issues neither.

It's a car guys :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
As long as you keep water out of the filter and don't use high pressure spray, it shouldn't hurt anything. I'm guessing you used some high pressure and got water through a weatherpack connector somewhere. Pop the hood outside in the sun for a little while and see if some evaporation helps. If not, you might have some hunting to do. Check codes while you're at it.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I wash my engine bay regularly, touch wood, never cover anything never had issues neither.

It's a car guys :thumbsup:
Ditto, although I do avoid the alternator and A.I.R. pump.

As long as you keep water out of the filter and don't use high pressure spray, it shouldn't hurt anything. I'm guessing you used some high pressure...
:agree:

·
Registered
100 Posts
just make shure you get the coil packs dry. maybe pull them and re apply dielectric grease on the plugs. had to do that with one of the mustangs.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
I only cover the Air filter and never had problems.Just remember to uncover the filter before starting the car,those plastic bags will crush a filter with the engine runnig.:laughing:

·
Registered
258 Posts
I only cover the Air filter and never had problems.Just remember to uncover the filter before starting the car,those plastic bags will crush a filter with the engine runnig.:laughing:
And how do we know that? ;)

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
:huh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts