Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a set of slicks or drag radials for my 97. The BFG drag radials don't come any larger than 17". Has anyone ever put 17 inch wheels on the rear of their C5?

What type of rear tires do you C5 Drag guys use to produce the best 60 foot times? I had a set of 26" MT ET drags for my 69, but I haven't run my 97 on anything but street tires (which sucks). I like the idea of drag radials because I can put them on before going to the track. Do drag radials offer sufficient traction? my car is normally aspirated with head work, exhaust, intake and reprogramming. Last time I had it dyno'd it made 344 RWHP.

Tell me how to improve my car's launches at the track! If slicks are the answer, tell me what types of rims you use.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i can't remember if it's Nitto,but someone just released a 18" drag-radial.:buhbye:

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pat & Todd,

Thank you both for the info. I checked out some member videos of runs on drag radials and they look like they bite well. I will most likely get a set of 315 BFG's. I let everyone here know how it goes...

-Robert

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Hey Robert,
i am looking at the new ecklers catalog right now,they have 18" drag-radials..295/35r18...$214 each...P315/30R/18 $239 each.
I was going to put some on and leave them.Pat talked me out of it.He made a good point,the side walls are softer,so when cornering the rear will feel spongy and the front solid.could be dangerous.my car is way to low to be switching wheels at the track,but it's an option.but if your going to change tires at the track,might as well get E.T. streets.But your on the right track,the C5 needs good tires,traction is tuff.:buhbye:

·
Registered
46 Posts
moore_rb said:
I am looking to buy a set of slicks or drag radials for my 97. The BFG drag radials don't come any larger than 17". Has anyone ever put 17 inch wheels on the rear of their C5?

What type of rear tires do you C5 Drag guys use to produce the best 60 foot times? I had a set of 26" MT ET drags for my 69, but I haven't run my 97 on anything but street tires (which sucks). I like the idea of drag radials because I can put them on before going to the track. Do drag radials offer sufficient traction?

Tell me how to improve my car's launches at the track! If slicks are the answer, tell me what types of rims you use.

I Run 17" Nitto Drags (555 R) in the back and sometimes when I'm looking for all out traction and looking to break something I run my ET/Streets which are 26x11.5 -16 inch , BFGoodrich makes an 18' Dragradial if that's what Your looking for but Drag Radials are not going to give You traction like a Slick/ET DRAG would (DragRadial low 1.70's , Slicks 1.60 's or better ) Mickey Thompson just introduced their 17" E/T Street but I have heard alot of complaints so stay away till good results poor in . You can pick up a set of rims fairly cheap just to throw on to accomadate the size tire You choose. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts