Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am well underway on my modified restore on a 69 vette. Right now I have a hood that I can not figure out where it came from or what type it is. Obviously after market but from where?:lookinup: Any help would be great and appreciated. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
It's likely to be aftermarket unless the louvers were added to a stock hood. From the pic, it looks like a high rise 73-82 style hood.

Surf Eckler's, Vanacor, and ACI and see if you run across something similar.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
It's likely to be aftermarket unless the louvers were added to a stock hood. From the pic, it looks like a high rise 73-82 style hood.

:agree: Based on 'when' it was installed, it could be any of the main three listed above.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Corvette Daytona Hood, 1977-1982
http://www.ecklers.com/corvette-daytona-hood-1977-1982.html

Thanks for the input guys..
This is the closest thing I have found so far but it is different louver set up. The underside of the hood does not appear to have been modified for louvers like this to be added. Strange.. I will keep searching but have not had luck yet. Strange.. It may have been a discontinued product from back when. I swear this 69 vet with a 80 front end has been difficult to verify parts on. The past owner really pieced it together from various years. Oh well, that is what is making this fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts