Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the LM 1 wide band air fuel gauge for a while now finally got around to installing it.
Got it all wired up and I get a low voltage code multi meter ssays 10.4 volts from the fuse panel where did you all that are using LM1s get your 12 volt source.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no didnt get to the alt stud kind of ran out of time.
Which pin did you use on the fuse panel?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Believe it or not....I actually used the cigarette lighter and it works pretty well. But yes, LM1s are sensitive to voltage. You may have to hard wire it in the car through a relay. That is how I have it on my turbo bike. 12v constant to the relay then to the LM1 and 12v switched to trigger the relay...Lastly ground the relay. It works well on my bike even with a sketchy charging system.

Are you using the RPM converter? I don't have the RPM converter and I would REALLY like to log RPMs but everywhere I read and people I talk to says the RPM converter is impossible to get working right with an MSD ignition...:rolleyes: My LM1 logs AFR perfect but its kind of useless without RPMs....:down:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I dont have the rpm converter but knowing the A/f ratio at a known rpm would make things alot easier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My RPM converter worked fine with my MSD 6AL.

Yeah I just need to get one and try it. Pretty much have to have an accurate RPM reading on the log for use at the strip. I will look into it. Any wiring tips on the rpm converter for accuracy and reliability?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yeah I just need to get one and try it. Pretty much have to have an accurate RPM reading on the log for use at the strip. I will look into it. Any wiring tips on the rpm converter for accuracy and reliability?
No tips, other than keep the wiring away from the ignition coil and spark plug wires. Before I went to fuel injection, I really liked the LM-1 and the data-logging. I even added another input channel for boost logging. A very useful tool..(For sale, btw)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts