Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got new tires on my '05 coupe. I got them at the dealer. When they removed the old balancing weights from the rims, it left a black, rubbery smudge where the old weights were. Maybe some type of adhesive. I don't know. Before I go through the hassle of taking it back to the dealer, does anyone know of a quick and easy way this stuff can be removed without damaging the wheels?? It looks a mess....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Use Goof Off and scrub the hell outta them. Just be careful not to get that goof off **** on the finish of your rims.

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
I just got new tires on my '05 coupe. I got them at the dealer. When they removed the old balancing weights from the rims, it left a black, rubbery smudge where the old weights were. Maybe some type of adhesive. I don't know. Before I go through the hassle of taking it back to the dealer, does anyone know of a quick and easy way this stuff can be removed without damaging the wheels?? It looks a mess....

WD-40:thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
tire weights

A good solvent will take it off. Dupont used to make a product called Prepsol that worked quite well. I;m sure there are other products that will work as well. Including gasoline. Be sure and use rubber gloves or you skin will come off too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts