Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going though old parts laying around I came across NOS stripes from my 1985 Monte Carlo SS. I had it repainted back in a day and never opened the stripes. After some research I see that these are not available anymore. Looking for a little help where to post and maybe suggestions on pricing. I did join another forum for help, but no real suggestions. I need my fellow members help to sell this stuff for financing the parts I need for my 68. So if you know anyone interested or can guide me in another direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
My best suggestion outside of Monte Carlo forums, would be car shows and MC specific shows, and swap meets.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've had very good luck selling on Craigslist. For me, it beats the hassle of auction sites. There's parts hounds out there waiting to gobble up quality and NOS parts.
The usual common sense precautions are in order when using sites like this, but I've never had a problem. I've even made some decent friends selling from there.
I've also had out-of-state requests for purchase and shipping on the honesty clause.
I actually fund the majority of my projects doing this.
May the money gods shine upon you! :laughing:

·
Registered
552 Posts
The GM stripes are discontinued but are reproduced and readily available. You don't have to look hard to find people building those cars. At this moment in time, G bodies are likely the #1 platform for backyard built street/strip projects.

CL is hit and miss. Ebay's much more consistent but higher cost. CL people can be so flaky that ebay is actually less hassle overall if your items are shippable. It almost comes down to a coin flip decision. Good luck.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,545 Posts
You can just keep your eyes own. If you see a M/C without any stripes. Go up to him/her and tell them you have some killer stripes for their ride

·
Registered
52 Posts
I once sold a complete set of 1984 Pontiac Fiero Indy Pace CAr decals, The ones that actually came with the car, for $3250.00. :thumbsup:

OH yeah, I gave him the car for nothing!!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I once sold a complete set of 1984 Pontiac Fiero Indy Pace CAr decals, The ones that actually came with the car, for $3250.00. :thumbsup:

OH yeah, I gave him the car for nothing!!!!!:laughing:
I only need to find the car.:laughing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts