Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I had to get my Z06 worked on. The shop took off my rear spring and when they put it all back together the rear was riding about 3" to high. They lowered it after I took it back but they are just eye balling it. Could some other woner of a Z06 please measure the distance between your back side rocker pannels, both left and right side from the ground to the bottom of the pannel. Also your gas tank will have to be full and your tires at 30 psi to get a true measurement. Then measure from the top of your tire to the to the body. Thanks for your help!

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
ripcurl said:
The other day I had to get my Z06 worked on. The shop took off my rear spring and when they put it all back together the rear was riding about 3" to high. They lowered it after I took it back but they are just eye balling it. Could some other woner of a Z06 please measure the distance between your back side rocker pannels, both left and right side from the ground to the bottom of the pannel. Also your gas tank will have to be full and your tires at 30 psi to get a true measurement. Then measure from the top of your tire to the to the body. Thanks for your help!
LOTS of Z06 owners here, but all cars settle differently, and some folks have lowered them a tad.... some different tires too.

I think your best bet is to lower it a bit, drive around so the suspension settles in, then keep adjusting until you like the way it looks.

It's a PIA, but really the best way. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
You should really get it set to spec (either factory spec or lowered to wherever you want it) and then get it aligned. Changing the ride height at the rear (or front) springs will alter the alignment and could cause extra wear on your tires. If they are really just eyeballing it, then it may even be different from side to side.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,667 Posts
aloha,
the proper way to measure ,is from the ground to the frame.its not easy if the car is slammed like mine.g.m.allows 1/8 or 1/4 inch(cant remember)differences in rocker panels and also wheel wells.both sides are not exactly the same.only the frame is'true'.i would try to make the company pay for an alginment after you get the car were you want it.dont count the threads on the bolts either.theres only one proper way.good luck,Todd.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Hey ripcurl,

Sorry but I'm at work and the Z06 is sitting in the garage (rain today :( ). Try running over to your local Chevy dealer and see how they have the stock Z06 setup.

Yell if you still need the measurements.

:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts