Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got February's AutoWorld magazine?

AUTOWORLD C6 PICS HERE---> http://community.webshots.com/album/106016140hpPGSI

Supposedly, the Feb. issue has full frontal, rear, and interior pics of the C6 Corvette.

A poster on CF tried to post a thumbnail of a pic, but was asked to take it down. Another poster has the magazine but no way to post pics.

Anybody out there got the pics?!!!!!!!!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Re: Anybody got February's AutoWorld magazine?

GX624 said:
Supposedly, the Feb. issue has full frontal, rear, and interior pics of the C6 Corvette.

A poster on CF tried to post a thumbnail of a pic, but was asked to take it down. Another poster has the magazine but no way to post pics.

Anybody out there got the pics?!!!!!!!!
No, I don't. What store did he get the magazine at? I haven't heard of that mag before.

When I run out and get coffee in the morning I'll check the local Borders book store.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one who can't post (no scanner, no camera -- sigh) has a subscription to the mag which he received in the mail. I don't know if it's out at the newsstands yet or not, sorry.

Anyone else have a subscription?

http://www.autoworldweekly.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe by early morning in a few hours, someone else will post some scanned images. I have windows open to multiple Corvette forums in hopes in finding such a post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The magazine is supposedly a subscription based magazine only. Not available through the stores.:lookinup:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Butta said:
I guess people have the picture but are prohibited to post it on CF, THIS SUCKS!!!!
It's ridiculous! If someone takes a COPY of a magazine they RECEIVED IN THE MAIL, SCANS IT, and POSTS IT, what possible trouble can anyone get in? Tell the guy to come over here. We'd love to have him. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Only one person, to my knowledge, has seen this magazine or these pics. So... is it even true?

I wonder if they are the "chrome" magazine pics. Some people thought those were real!

I'll call my library and see if they get the magazine.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Only one person, to my knowledge, has seen this magazine or these pics. So... is it even true?

I wonder if they are the "chrome" magazine pics. Some people thought those were real!

I'll call my library and see if they get the magazine.:thumbsup:
good point!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here's the February Motor Trend.

Why didn't they save the C6 cover for the real pics instead of putting that excuse for a chop on the January cover? Now they stick the gay mustang on the cover and put the C6 up in the corner. It pisses me off.

kjmccurdy

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The guy at the other forum quoted the specs for the car:

here's the actual article re:the tranny(the "upgraded engine" is the LS2,6 liter that replaces the LS1,5.7 liter)."the upgraded engine is standard with a six-speed manual or an optional four-speed automatic,beefed up to handle the additional power.an electronic system on the automatic selects the optimalgear for the given driving condition.The curb weight is estimated to be 3245 lbs. re:the interior..."inside,designers attempted to create an interior with improved materials and craftsmanship.the interior design theme continues the longtime Corvette cue of a twin-cockpit layout.seam lines between parts have been decreased and narrowed.anodized aluminum accents are used in combination with cast skin materials on the door trim and instrument panel for premium quality,appearance,and feel.storage has been increased and cupholders improved.

He also stated the magazine quoted horsepower at 400, torque at 400 at 6500 RPM'S.
:)

·
Super Moderator
10,114 Posts
Yes, I read that post. I'm sure he only reported what he read, but I think the stats might be more magazine guesses presented as facts. If Hill delivers a 400 HP, 3,245 lb Targa, he and everyone in his group should be lynched, and I'll bring the rope!! Hill has promised a base C6 that is quicker than the C5 Z06. Those numbers can not possibly support the promised performance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with you on that one. Remember in 96 when they underrated the LT4 so all the new C5 folks wouldn't be upset that an older model car had more horsepowe than their new one? I bet something similiar is happening with the C6. Hill doesn't want to blow away the C5 prospective buyers with word of a more powerful C6, imagine what the already flat sales of the C5 would do then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Decka, THANK YOU! Wow, that car looks amazing. I don't know if the info they supplied was true, but 400hp and 400 lb ft of torque sounds pretty good to me :). The only thing I thought looked weird was the steering wheel. Overall, I think GM has another hit on their hands. Thanks, again.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts