Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1/32 SLOT CARS!! Thanks to AlleyDude for getting me all set up!

The track...
"Trans-Am Race Set, with the Mustang against the Camaro in the '69 'Pony Car Wars' with over 27ft of track. "

Comes with...

Additionally I got him...

(soon to become a "digitalcorvettes" c3 racer... hehehe)

I got everything from these fine folks!

http://www.132slotcar.us

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Are those made in Germany? I had that same brand when I was about 10, it was an imported product with wire braided brushes for track contact. The cars were Lolas or Jaguars. This was back in the early-mid 60's:surprised

·
Registered
216 Posts
Scalextric has been around a LOOOOOOONG time. Originally, they were produced in the UK, but are now made in China. Carrera is made in Germany, FLY in Spain. There are others, but it's a lot to get into...

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Cool, I had Aurora when I was a lad. I'm sure he will have a good Christmas if you see to it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
alleydude said:
Scalextric has been around a LOOOOOOONG time. Originally, they were produced in the UK, but are now made in China. Carrera is made in Germany, FLY in Spain. There are others, but it's a lot to get into...
Uk makes more sense that Germany. I used to love that set...

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Cool, I love slot cars. We always had slot car sets when my kids were younger, lots of fun. :)

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
That makes me want to go buy one. I guess I'll wait untill my girl is a little older I'll need an excuse.

·
Registered
745 Posts
My wifes gone to shoot me,but i just might have to order one and the vettes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread! Though it's the day after Christmas, I saw this and had to check out the site. I have just ordered the Formula 1 set, and two additional C5R's.
I used to love slot cars as a kid, so I'm really looking forward to getting them. I have twin six-year-olds who are going to love it!
Mrs. MiG-19 will be pleased to find I have something else to sink money into!
Merry Christmas,
MiG-19

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Sounds like it was worth the wait. Smiles makes all problems go away! Enjoy the time you have.:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts