Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts

The vert will be revealed Oct 2nd
theres 1 running around with camo naturally.

Reactions: Longtimer

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The animation is not correct. As seen in your pic, the top has break about 3/4 of the way back so it folds in on itself before it finds its home out back. We can't be certain exactly where it will be stored. It could go in front of the engine or over the top of the engine. It would be contra intuitive to put it over the engine whit all that heat, but why is there no view window on that Vert engine cover? Guess we'll find out in a couple of months.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
True. There are multiple GM pics of the vert, like the one you showed in your post, in the 1st post. These leaked 'accidently' the first day of the reveal (8/17/19).

The Motor 1 vid is a rendering that predates the reveal in Tustin. Notice that the grill is wrong and there are several other inconsistencies in that body. Regardless, that folding and storage looks to be the most likely way the real deal will work.
We will find out at the Vert Reveal on October 2.

Still seems odd to me that if it stores vertically, and it probably does, why didn't they put a C6-ZR1-type window in the hood to show the engine. Could this be due to a lesson learned by Ferrari the hard way? The 360-388 Ferrari spiders (verts) had large hood 'windows' over the engine, but the new 4xx spiders only have vents in the hood and do not show the engine.

360:

458:

The Ferrari chat boards say that the mechanized lowering of the top places a part of it over the front of the engine and there is an insulating guard between the top and the engine. Some of them miss the window more than they like the automated roof storage. BTW, some of them commented on the hot temp of the raised roof after it has been stored near the engine.

It will be interesting to see if GM offers Carbon Fiber or a transparent version of the roof for the Vert. My bet would be 'No.'

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Wow, I really don’t like that white vert..... I think the ass looks way to long.

·
Registered
995 Posts
CONVERTIBLE TOP – RETRACTABLE PAINTED
CONVERTIBLE TOP – CARBON FLASH PAINTED NACELLS AND ROOF
CONVERTIBLE TOP – CARBON FLASH PAINTED NACELLS AND BODY COLOR

found that on the roof options,dont take it as Gospel tho.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Don't know WHY I am surprised. Anything for a buck right? Oh well, more happy owners getting their EXACT dream car.

Any of you guys remember the later days of the C3, early C4, and early C5? There were more color and interior choices than the rest of the options. Those days are LONG GONE.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Updated.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,473 Posts
I have a feeling that launch control will be used a LOT !!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
At 11:59, UAW-GM workers began their strike.

Wonder if that will delay the unveiling ?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,473 Posts
The first post in this "Here it is - #1" thread contains every detail of C8 information made available at the Tustin, Ca. Reveal and leaked/released for the following 2 months.

A new thread, "Here it is - #2" has been started for all subsequent information to keep this one from becoming to cumbersome. Here is a link to that thread

CLICK HERE

This thread is now closed for POSTING. Go to the first Post for information or please follow the link to "Here it is #2".

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Ttt

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.