1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
It's kinda funny you posted this I recently was bidding on and barely lost a C-5 frame, engine, trans, comp. basically everything but the body and interior. I have a second C-4 chassis in my backyard that I was going to fit over the C-5 stuff. I think a rear trans C-4 would be really cool.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
It's kinda funny you posted this I recently was bidding on and barely lost a C-5 frame, engine, trans, comp. basically everything but the body and interior. I have a second C-4 chassis in my backyard that I was going to fit over the C-5 stuff. I think a rear trans C-4 would be really cool.
Wasn't there a guy on the forums swapping C5 engine/trans/gauges/dash into a C4 a few years back? Yea seems like it'd be easier to do it the other way around, but you know me I'm always trying to avoid wiring something.

·
Registered
366 Posts
There was a guy over on ls1tech.com who figured out that the C5 had the same wheelbase as a Honda Civic. He happened to have access to a C5 frame/drivetrain and a Civic body so you can imagine the unholy union that resulted. Probably the fastest Civic you'll ever see on YouTube. I think it's called the Civette.

:cheers:

Rick B.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I have looked into using a c6 drive train, but never put a lot of thought into using the frame. Here is how I would approach it.

Step 1) Remove everything except suspension and brakes from the chassis.
2) Shorten chassis to the c3 wheelbase
3) Cut c3 body in half
4) Move each side of body outboard ~2-3". Weld and fiberglass pieces back into the new location
5) Modify a c4 batwing and mount a beefy dana between the rear chassis rails
6) Install LSX and 6060C tranny with custom drive shaft and halfshafts.
7) Get rid of c5 wheels. :laughing:

Piece of cake.

How much does a Z06 aluminum rolling chassis weight? A c3?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts