3,033 Posts
bkuper said:
Damn Tim, do you really WANT your truck to do that? :partyon:
Off-roading... it's all about the flex!

6" of lift, 32" tires and soil resistant seats. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I've been in a few situations where it wasn't very fun.

Got stuck on a trail in Moab, UT one night. It started raining and I was trying to make my way up a series of ledges. I couldn't get the back end up and over, it just kept sliding to the drivers side. I happened to look back and found out I was about 4" from the edge of one serious drop. About 120' down with nothing to stop me.

I couldn't back up at all and lucked out because I was the second guy to attempt it. The first Jeep made it up before the rain started and pulled me up.

It's a dangerous hobby if you are not paying attention 100% of the time.

Other then that, it's a blast! :partyon:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I currently have a Jeep Liberty loaner vehicle that I did some serious off roading in over the weekend, it was so muddy that you couldnt even see light coming from the headlights or see out of the side windows, due to low ground clearance and mushy suspension the trans is now leaking a bit and the exhaust got curshed slightly also the interior is about trashed with mud and various vegitation from the trails. Hey.... its not mine :D

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MVR 155 said:
I currently have a Jeep Liberty loaner vehicle that I did some serious off roading in over the weekend, it was so muddy that you couldnt even see light coming from the headlights or see out of the side windows, due to low ground clearance and mushy suspension the trans is now leaking a bit and the exhaust got curshed slightly also the interior is about trashed with mud and various vegitation from the trails. Hey.... its not mine :D
Where did you go 4-wheeling? My landrover is begging for more mud to be packed into the radiator. (hahahaha)

·
Registered
336 Posts
There is a bunch of trails out by my house in the Elgin area, they are kind of tight with lots of brush, you will definately scratch the **** out of the thing, I just finished cleaning the Jeep since I have to give it back tomorrow, tons of scratches that had to be buffed out, made it clean but not too clean :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts