Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI my name is Jon , I'm in WI dead center in the middle of the state . I am another refugee from that OTHER forum whose letters are CF man do they asuck ass now , but anyhoo found this site roaming one nite and now have the 76 home so I can now post with pics and join the boys and ladies . That said she is a 76 4-speed L-48 car classic white with a buckskin interior , have also had in the past a 77 and a 78 and now have the means to get back into one again . I got it from a 21yr old kid from work he bought it online , site unseen got it home and thought he was mario andretti reved it to 5000 and dumped the clutch , needless to say he grenaded the rear center section , he knew I/m into vette's and says would I come over to look at fixing it for him ( he knows nothing ) I said well you broke the center section and he says yea I bought a motoerbooks repair manual " dosnet look to hard " then I started showing him under the car and he freaks......needless to say I got a good corvette for a sweet deal so here I am . It has nom block and trans but has been worked on some ... got headers , edelbrock intake and carb , msd billit dizzy with a 6al box , and a huge friggin cam ....doesnt run to bad needs to be tuned , jets and rods in carb fer sure but not to bad enjoy and Thanks for a great site

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
:excited:

Welcome aboard! Looks like you've got some work in front of you.

:cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics aint workin

how do i do it cant get them to upload AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD! :cheers:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
HI, and I gotta say that story is funny.....:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :WTF of a way to pick up a vette for hopefully a cheep price....

other than the obvious damage...you maybe want to check the windsheild/bird cage, and then frame for rust out and problems well hidden....

:crazy:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

Talk to GTR1999 about rebuilding or replacing your rear. :D

PS - Try using Photobucket - a free website for your pictures. Put the pics in photobucket, then download them to DC, it's a lot easier that way. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
PS - Try using Photobucket - a free website for your pictures. Put the pics in photobucket, then download them to DC, it's a lot easier that way. Good Luck!
:agree:

The correct term would be LINK them to DC. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Well I guess I still ain't too old to learn something new.... all of this electronic guru stuff. It's hard enough for me to get it to work at all, much less know what to call it.:crazy:

I still remember the days when office machines were controlled by cams triggering microswitches, which in turn would energize a motor, or a light, or a solenoid, or a clutch. Ahhhh, the good old Rube Goldberg style machine logic.:laughing: Not a circuit board in sight.... but you DID have to watch out for those big ass capacitors!

Reminds me too, of when we would charge up one of those pre-historic capacitors and toss it to a co-worker!:smack

·
Registered
910 Posts
I did some work for a retired IBM exec, back in the late 80's. He was all excited because he just got a new IBM computer.
I asked him what the big deal was, since he had worked for IBM.
He said that all the years he worked there, was before computers, he had never seen one and retired before they got into them.:surprised

1 - 20 of 24 Posts