Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Where do I start? It's a 85 Z51, that now has 91 body panels with a 2" cowl induction hood. It's Light Tourquoise with a black interior. The car is going to Alston in Antioch next week for a six point chrome moly roll bar and half shaft hoops. The motor will be a 383 w/AFR race heads, 2.02/1.60 valves, ported and Extrude Honed Super Ram, etc. It will also have a Carroll Supercharger putting out around 10lbs of boost, the motor can handle 15 lbs, but I'm going to play it safe for now.
The trans is a TH400 w/Coan 2800 stall converter going to a 3.45 Dana 44.

It's at Performance Tech Center now and should be finished in early March. It was Geoff's personal car, but sat unused with a blown motor for the last 6 years(too much Nitrous with the SC). Along with the cash Geoff gave me for the C5, he agreed to put his old car back together for me as part of the deal.

The car ran 10.30's with a similar motor a 50 shot of Nitrous(I think). I'll be happy with anything between 10.80 and 11.00.

My goal is a very streetable 10 second car!

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Arnie said:
Where do I start? It's a 85 Z51, that now has 91 body panels with a 2" cowl induction hood. It's Light Tourquoise with a black interior. The car is going to Alston in Antioch next week for a six point chrome moly roll bar and half shaft hoops. The motor will be a 383 w/AFR race heads, 2.02/1.60 valves, ported and Extrude Honed Super Ram, etc. It will also have a Carroll Supercharger putting out around 10lbs of boost, the motor can handle 15 lbs, but I'm going to play it safe for now.
The trans is a TH400 w/Coan 2800 stall converter going to a 3.45 Dana 44.

It's at Performance Tech Center now and should be finished in early March. It was Geoff's personal car, but sat unused with a blown motor for the last 6 years(too much Nitrous with the SC). Along with the cash Geoff gave me for the C5, he agreed to put his old car back together for me as part of the deal.

The car ran 10.30's with a similar motor a 50 shot of Nitrous(I think). I'll be happy with anything between 10.80 and 11.00.

My goal is a very streetable 10 second car!
DAMN!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
Yep.. I have seen that car many times..

So why did you sell the C5?

If you've seen Geoffs old car, you may remember the white moulding, door handles and seats. Those are being taken care of right now, moulding and door handles are being painted body color and seats will be black/red.

I sold the C5 for a couple of reasons.

1. I wanted to retire from work early and had to come up with a $$ penalty to do so.

2. I wanted something different, I sometimes get bored with a car after a few years and want a change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts