Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:crazy: sounds like a bargain :laughing: better buy 2 for that price :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
30k for a Camaro, even if it IS a Z, it should be correct. And that one has HEI? That's odd, HEI didn't start big until what, '74? And, And, And.

I agree Dep needs a motor, but gee, I've got a line on a couple of 350's that won't be near that much. Hey Dep, how about putting TWO 350's in there- that'd be 700 cubic inches. Will that work?? And STILL be less than that thing on fleabay.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe Dep has a lot of extra cash laying around that he wants to get rid of.
and if thats true i think he is my long lost uncle.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ttt

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nice car. HEI is no big deal. Factory distributor was a GM single point so that's probably why it was replaced. Easy enough to put back to stock.
$30,000 is pretty steep. Cars that sell for that much should have all the correct stuff on them and everything should be working.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. Actually, I've been discussing the engine build with B2B in e-mail. All the parts now seem to be available. Only real PITA is the piston-head combination. I can get SRP pistons in the right length (5.7 inch), but they require the use of 23 degree heads. And most 23 degree heads have large combustion chambers. Only ones I've found so far that would work would be the Brodix -8 Pro. I can get 56CC combustion chambers in them. That should give me at least 11.5-1 CR. :D :thumbsup:

Dep

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Nice car. HEI is no big deal. Factory distributor was a GM single point so that's probably why it was replaced. Easy enough to put back to stock.
$30,000 is pretty steep. Cars that sell for that much should have all the correct stuff on them and everything should be working.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. Actually, I've been discussing the engine build with B2B in e-mail. All the parts now seem to be available. Only real PITA is the piston-head combination. I can get SRP pistons in the right length (5.7 inch), but they require the use of 23 degree heads. And most 23 degree heads have large combustion chambers. Only ones I've found so far that would work would be the Brodix -8 Pro. I can get 56CC combustion chambers in them. That should give me at least 11.5-1 CR. :D :thumbsup:

Dep
Dep,

Guess this is going to be a track car since 11.5 might be a little high for street gas?

Paul

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dep what parts are you still looking for?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Dep what parts are you still looking for?:thumbsup:
Not really actively looking for parts right now. Bigger problem is I have nowhere to build the engine and work on the car. I have the land, but I have the cash tied up with home remodelling. :(

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I thought there was a thread about parking in the living room. Why not build an engine in the kitchen? Fridge to keep the beer cold is handy, oven to heat the rods and crank gear is there, and the dishwasher to clean everything. Even has hot & cold running water to allow you to relieve yourself and wash your hands.

:D

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I thought there was a thread about parking in the living room. Why not build an engine in the kitchen? Fridge to keep the beer cold is handy, oven to heat the rods and crank gear is there, and the dishwasher to clean everything. Even has hot & cold running water to allow you to relieve yourself and wash your hands.

:D
He can't . He has cats.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
A hairball would not be a good thing..

:rolling:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Back in 1988 I had a DZ302 in my 72 Nova. It was my high school car. I would give about anything to have that engine back...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts