Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your spreadsheet looked great. Now I know you are an accumulator of technical data!!!! (psycho).

So, where is the cheapest place to buy these pups? And, do I need anything else but your tools? :D

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
War machine said:
Patrick,

Do you still use the stock spring when you go to coil-overs?
My understand is that the stock springs come out and go into the dumpster.:D

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Your spreadsheet looked great. Now I know you are an accumulator of technical data!!!! (psycho).

So, where is the cheapest place to buy these pups? And, do I need anything else but your tools? :D

Yeah, if that is the set-up you want. I think Summit Racing stocks most of the stuff.

As for tools, you will need the spanner wrenches for adjusting the coilovers..

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Hey Jeff, should I order the coil-overs?

-=Jeff=- said:
Yeah, if that is the set-up you want. I think Summit Racing stocks most of the stuff.

As for tools, you will need the spanner wrenches for adjusting the coilovers..
Yikes.... what setup do I want.... hmm... I'd like something between stock setup and a race setup. Is that what you have down on your list?

Nick, I won't bring Krispy Kreme's this time... but how about sloppy pizza's for lunch?:thumbsup:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hey Jeff, should I order the coil-overs?

Patrick96LT4 said:
Yikes.... what setup do I want.... hmm... I'd like something between stock setup and a race setup. Is that what you have down on your list?

Nick, I won't bring Krispy Kreme's this time... but how about sloppy pizza's for lunch?:thumbsup:
I would get the 12 way Proma Star QA1s

the springs I would use are 425 for the front and 350 in the rear. Then you will need the extra fittings and such..

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jeff, should I order the coil-overs?

-=Jeff=- said:
I would get the 12 way Proma Star QA1s

the springs I would use are 425 for the front and 350 in the rear. Then you will need the extra fittings and such..
Fittings? Hmm... I think I need a shopping list again from you.. I'm so pathetic.... :thumbsup:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jeff, should I order the coil-overs?

Patrick96LT4 said:
Fittings? Hmm... I think I need a shopping list again from you.. I'm so pathetic.... :thumbsup:
Front Shocks

Part Part # Description
Shock DR4855P Proma Star 12-way adjustable, 10 1/8" - 14"
Stud Top SS110SDM Stud top conversion kit
Upper T-Bar UPR350 Upper T-Bar Kit
Spring 10-425 10" 425 lb/in

Rear Shocks

Shock DR4855P Proma Star 12-way adjustable, 10 1/8" - 14"
Stud Top SS110SDM Stud top conversion kit
Spring 10-350 10" 350 lb/in
Bracket 10097836 Upper Shock-to-Frame bracket

you will need a QTY of 2 for each

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Jeff, should I order the coil-overs?

As always, you rock. :partyon:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys im interested in this setup for my 93 as well. Who does make that stuff? says EM in the pic. I read an article i think it was Callaway who said he actually leaves the stock spring in place which actually benefits handling... i think it was the supernatural 475 road test a bunch of years ago..

i sure as hell hope i can use the springs because i dumped my base springs and shelled out large coin for GM Z07 springs.

Patrick how much is this setup looking to cost???

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Nasty C4 said:
Guys im interested in this setup for my 93 as well. Who does make that stuff? says EM in the pic. I read an article i think it was Callaway who said he actually leaves the stock spring in place which actually benefits handling... i think it was the supernatural 475 road test a bunch of years ago..

i sure as hell hope i can use the springs because i dumped my base springs and shelled out large coin for GM Z07 springs.

Patrick how much is this setup looking to cost???
Hey Nasty...

do you still have that article? it would be good to see. Also email me at [email protected] and I will reply back with the info I have.. Should cost around $700

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Those are great looking shocks. I'm in the process of building a
t-bucket, and need some shocks for the rear. BTW color scheme is perfect. Any specs on outside diameter of the coilover. I need something that is three inches around or less. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Bob

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I just added up all the parts needed and my total came to $960! :spanked:

I think I'm going to just go with the QA1 Stocker shocks and keep the stock springs. $560 is a little better on my wallet then the full blown coil over set-up and I still get the adjustability. :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts