Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wifey wants to add a C5 convertable to the stable.

Pretty :cool: huh?

I need another garage slot:huh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Hey there C5'ers

CrazyYellowZ06 said:
very :cool: , so you going for it?
Yeah, but I can't expand the current garage. It means renting some space nearby, or waiting until we move.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hey there C5'ers

biltogo said:
Yeah, but I can't expand the current garage. It means renting some space nearby, or waiting until we move.
Must be nice swimmin in the big $$$$$ .... a C5 ragtop sounds sweet. But... won't she just want the air conditioning on all the time?!?!?

:laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey there C5'ers

Patrick96LT4 said:
Must be nice swimmin in the big $$$$$ .... a C5 ragtop sounds sweet. But... won't she just want the air conditioning on all the time?!?!?

:laughing:
Every dollar is a drop of bloody sweat.

You got that right about the a/c. She has it on with the top off the 95, and had it on with the tops down on her Mustangs and Camaro before that.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Hey there C5'ers

biltogo said:
Yeah, but I can't expand the current garage. It means renting some space nearby, or waiting until we move.
look into a lift, they run about 3-4k I think. You have to have enough room, and you are smart enough to figure that out, from the back of the raised garage to the "front" of the raised car. I forgot which site/mfg had a complete "figure it out" spec sheet.
Or at worse you may need to redo garage door to go up higher (if you have the room) befroe it goes back. Stll cheaper than a new house.
I was lucky enough to find a 2 car garage I rent for $80/month. we have 6 cars total. I also use inlaws garage during winter while they are in Fla.
Can you get your wife to call my wife?? about a C5 vert? MIne wants an SC430 retractable top Lexus or an H2 with a moon roof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
Hey Rudy, interesting in adopting me yet? The offer is still on the table. :laughing:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey there C5'ers

stilcrazee said:
look into a lift, they run about 3-4k I think. You have to have enough room, and you are smart enough to figure that out, from the back of the raised garage to the "front" of the raised car. I forgot which site/mfg had a complete "figure it out" spec sheet.
Or at worse you may need to redo garage door to go up higher (if you have the room) befroe it goes back. Stll cheaper than a new house.
I was lucky enough to find a 2 car garage I rent for $80/month. we have 6 cars total. I also use inlaws garage during winter while they are in Fla.
Can you get your wife to call my wife?? about a C5 vert? MIne wants an SC430 retractable top Lexus or an H2 with a moon roof.
The rafters are about 20 inches over the garage door when it's in the open position. I'd have to raise those, and then the roof itself. Not likely because then the roof line of the house would be tiered in an odd way. If I use a lift that barely covers the lower car I might be able to get away with it, but the beam across the front would have to raise and I get into asthetics on roof line again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BubbleHead said:
Hey Rudy, interesting in adopting me yet? The offer is still on the table. :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top