Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Hammerhead is holdin it's own on the road so far and has made the trip before,I think that we are gonna try to go this year.Just curious who's goin and see who want's to meetup for the trip down or along the way.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COOL!:partyon:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Sent you a pm.:D

Kevin

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
If things calm down around the house by then I'll try and make it. I'll trailer the Vette down and go from there. No way could I afford the gas to drive it that far.

:cheers:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Oh come ON Tim, thought you was making 200 bux/hour.....:laughing: :laughing:

but serious, if you drive, I have to presume this is Eureka springs here in Florida this winter...NO?? stop by and we caravan together....I drive the vette....unless another freeking flexplate/similar goes out....

:crazy: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
If things calm down around the house by then I'll try and make it. I'll trailer the Vette down and go from there. No way could I afford the gas to drive it that far.

:cheers:
:agree: I have the week open,but like Tim i will trailer mine down too,afraid the fuel bill would eat me up. pm me back about your travel plans :thumbsup:

Arkansas.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Oh come ON Tim, thought you was making 200 bux/hour.....:laughing: :laughing:

but serious, if you drive, I have to presume this is Eureka springs here in Florida this winter...NO?? stop by and we caravan together....I drive the vette....unless another freeking flexplate/similar goes out....

:crazy: :cheers:

Save your lunch money there Gene-- it's Eureka Springs ARKANSAS

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
:agree: I have the week open,but like Tim i will trailer mine down too,afraid the fuel bill would eat me up. pm me back about your travel plans :thumbsup:

Arkansas.

I wasn't going to bug Tims' ass over this, BUT, how is trailering a car cheeper than driving it??? trucks don't run any better mileage towing a vette/trailer/dollley behind, DO they??

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I don't know about Tim's chevy diesel but mine gets 13-14 with my tractor and trailer behind it and thats around 10,000 lbs. now i know my vette back there weighs nothing close to that nor does it have the wind resistance of the big ol'e tractor with a cab. and my vette gets nowhere's close to that in fuel mileage.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I run an average of 18 with my 1 ton Crew cab dually. That Duramax is pretty sweet. I do have to admit, it does drop to around 12 MPG when I'm towing. Makes no difference if there's a 3000 pound load or a 19,000 pound load. It's 12. And diesel is running at $2.75/gallon. I might get 4 MPG with the Vette and gas for it is $6.50/gallon. Unless your calculator works different than mine, I think I'll trailer the Vette. but thanks for asking..:rolling:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I run an average of 18 with my 1 ton Crew cab dually. That Duramax is pretty sweet. I do have to admit, it does drop to around 12 MPG when I'm towing. Makes no difference if there's a 3000 pound load or a 19,000 pound load. It's 12. And diesel is running at $2.75/gallon. I might get 4 MPG with the Vette and gas for it is $6.50/gallon. Unless your calculator works different than mine, I think I'll trailer the Vette. but thanks for asking..:rolling:
But is you stick an OD in that thing...you could get there a LOT quicker....:laughing: ....:rolling: Club memember up north had a shark something like that.....he used to drive it like a crazy man....and then had the balls to complain on 6-8 mpg as a club meet, and damn nearly got laughed outta the door......

50 guys jumped his ASS over that comment.....:D :D :cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got rid of my dually and my other tow rig is not up to the task so we are gonna go 4 it! (I do have two car haulers)We made it last time but I must admit that I needed to give my butt and eardrums a break.But hey,thats what its about right? I would take a truck too just for backup,but I will enjoy the trip in the vette.Not sure where we will stay yet but we might campout this time I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Eureka,

That's where all the mad scientists live. Is TT there?:rolling:
Not sure about mad scientist,but one of those towns down there little rock,hot springs,or eureka springs was full of Hippy's :smokin: the last time i was there no kidd'n :surprised

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not sure about mad scientist,but one of those towns down there little rock,hot springs,or eureka springs was full of Hippy's :smokin: the last time i was there no kidd'n :surprised
I wish Hippy's were all that Eureka Springs was full of. Last year we went into our favorite country western red neck bar for happy hour and all we saw was rainbows on the wall. :lookinup: The town is going :toilet

Bullshark

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I told my boss and he gave me the days needed off.
(He has a new c-6):partyon: So it looks good so far.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I wish Hippy's were all that Eureka Springs was full of. Last year we went into our favorite country western red neck bar for happy hour and all we saw was rainbows on the wall. :lookinup: The town is going :toilet

Bullshark
:surprised No ****! which bar was that so i can make sure to stay clear of that one...............Damn :WTF

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Well I told my boss and he gave me the days needed off.
(He has a new c-6):partyon: So it looks good so far.:thumbsup:
:thumbsup: cool so when is the departure date :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm thinkin maybey early on thursday.I want to be able to cruise but not to hard.Maybey a few stops to check the cars /trailers out.I hope to have a lot of daylight just in case of trouble.What do you think?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts