Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Yea man. Get the Canadian section rocking.

How many good summer months do you get up there? Is it getting cold yet?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell no, sitting around 27*c now and looks like a fantastic week ahead.

I drive the vette year round...screw the seasons.:laughing: Temps are decent though usually through October/November....we seldom see snow that stays on the ground until January in this part of Ontario.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
This place does need some serious work. I've been telling myself that for a long time. I'm on the road all summer and then in the shop all winter. I've told myself we need a western Canadian meet for a long time, but with the three western canadian members it's hard to make it a reality, and I don't know any vette people personally :laughing: They dislike me, something about a lack of a trailer and a duramax. I assume you are on my side from behind a steering wheel Iron Mike?

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Last year I drove my Vette until December 3rd. Usually it is put away in early November.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This place does need some serious work. I've been telling myself that for a long time. I'm on the road all summer and then in the shop all winter. I've told myself we need a western Canadian meet for a long time, but with the three western canadian members it's hard to make it a reality, and I don't know any vette people personally :laughing: They dislike me, something about a lack of a trailer and a duramax. I assume you are on my side from behind a steering wheel Iron Mike?
Its ALL about driving them.:cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
:cheers:

I don't care about the snow, it's the salt and sand that eats away at everything. We are lucky to get 8 months of driving time in Northern Ontario. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I drive mine til sometime in October usually. I have it plated into November, but we have savage winter by then, and I switch to my 4x4 Jimmy for that season. It's not a bad switch, as it has only about 20hp less than the vette, better rear gears and weighs not much more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am going to park the Vette for the winter very soon and start driving my 4x4Chev 3500 Dually, 8.1 L , 340hp, 440 ft lbs of torque. I am not too worried about the cold or snow but the salt is what gets into everything and it really eats away at aluminium. So the Vette won't be driven after the first heavy frost and they start spreading the salt.:cheers:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Les, my man....you change usernames more frequently then I do underwear.:laughing:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding btw.:cheers: Who's the unlucky lady?:D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Les, my man....you change usernames more frequently then I do underwear.:laughing:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding btw.:cheers: Who's the unlucky lady?:D
I've always been AGVI on here, as for the OTHER forum I tend to get banned a lot. :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts