Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there.. well my nick was suppose to be BAD BOY .. but some how the (( CO )) got in the middle.. and i couldnt make a new account :huh: ...
anyways.. i got a 93 roadster.. with alot of goodies..
hmmm first of all i've owned this vette for about 2 1/2 years.. i done alot of things.. and repairs.. still need some too..
i live in KUWAIT.. ya and its so hot.. nothing runs right ..
ok.. my first problem..
1-with my top up.. i hear weird noises.. on the right side of the soft top.. like the metal is moving.. it like screech noises ..and keeps going on and on.. on bumpy roads.. how do i get rid of that !?
2- i've never lubricated the chasis !! DUMMY HA :spanked:
how do i know how bad the damage is if any ? sometimes there's sounds on bumpy roads like my car sounds like an old wooden door when opened.. u know the sound.. ok.. i've changed all the U-joints in the back.. and just put new shocks.. do u think the lubrication might make it go.. well i'll do it tommoorow and see.. hehe but if it doesnt.. what would u guys think i'd have to check.. knowing that i've never lubricated it.. and the weather is like 120 degrees fehrenheit from april to october !!
ok last thing
3- my car keeps jurking :S .. like when i step on the gas.. some times.. and 60 miles/hour or even at 10 mile/hour.. and the lights get so low in the dash area.. i dunno whats going on.. it sometimes just dies when i'm driving !! like when i step on the gas and it jurks.. then it dies.. and when i start the car up.. turn on the A/C the rpm flicks up and down !! at idle :S :S whats up with that ?? any help .. i'm gonna change the distributer tommorow.. does anyone know if maybe thats not the problem ??

i have all my repair records on my site.. on the page REPAIRS..
if u wanna see what i've been doing to my car..
http://q8vette.tripod.com

my mileage is around 75k miles...

appreciate ur time reading ya'll :p if u wanna see pics of my car i've got them on my site.. i think i'll add some here 2 :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
WELCOME!:buhbye:

One of our ace mechanics will jump in and help you with your problems.... :thumbsup:

Also, I fixed your handle.:D

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great place, you'll like it here. Like Patrick said, someone will jump in with some help. :)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Wow:surprised you have a bunch of problems to attack:surprised

But first...welcome:buhbye:

I would start you off by offering this advice.
1- buy a digital multitester
2-buy one of those code analysers
3-clean your battery connections
4-buy and install all new filters everywhere, oil, air, gas, trans. etc.
5-buy and install new a/f senders
6-buy and install new plugs and wires with the distributor.

As for the noises you hear....it's tough to comment from Chicago.

After the above...we can get you fixed one at a time.:cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heeeey thnx for the name change :)

i dont got the cash for all that stuff now ..
:(
i got about 300 $ i'm gonna get a distributer.. air filter..cant change the tranny filter and oil.. cuz i dont think it ever been changed.. like 5 years or something.. so i dont wanna mess around with my tranny.. dont need the hassle :S
windsheild wipers.. 1993 anneversary gas door emblem.. ummm lubricate the suspinsion.. get me the plastic screwws for the weather strip.. cuz i got all new ones for the soft top.. and they dont have the screws to hold them in place.. i'm gonna change the oil.. and get me a K&N oil filter.. new radiator hoses.. and last but not least low tire scensors.. cuz i think mine arent there :S
hope my $$ makes it hehehe
the problem is i came to the US in febuary.. and just came back in july.. and i had changed all the plugs and wires..be4 i came.. .. but the didnt help.. its been jurking and stutering like for a year and a half now ...i'm worried.. :S i havent touched the car since.. (( fun wise )) just fixing her up... so i'm kinda slowly moving along ..
i'm only 20 .. so i dont know alot about cars and stuff.. but i LOVE LOVE LOVE vettes.. i have 3 big pics on my wall.. and one of them is a drawing i did.. u can see it at my site too :p
i got lots of vette magazines.. books.. cheltons repair book.. but didnt help me yet.. cuz i dont get anything :p hehehe
and college starts next week here.. so like.. back to covering her up :) hehehe maybe by late october i can get the top down and enjoy cruising again
if i can only get the stutering out of the way..i'll enjoy every second in her again :) :)
.. oh and last but not least.. i need to overhoul !! YA I DO..
if i floor it.. the car behind just disspears in a cloud of white and blue smoke lol.. i kinda drive slooow these days :) if i ever do drive the car :)

:partyon:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys i was wondering.. can i get some 8.0 mm or 8.8 mm wires for my vette without buying a MSD.. ? or will something happen if i dont !?
curouse ....:huh:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Don't know if this helps but looking at your pic of your engine, it looks as if you have the serpintine belt on backwards, probably causing it to slip on the alt. Should be a diagram on the fan shroud for the proper set up of the belt. You should see the smooth side of the belt around the alt pulley. :huh: :partyon:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh.. about the belt.. all my pulleys are i dunno what the call them.. umm spiked lol.. both ways.. so i cant by the smooth on one side and the jagged on the other.. i dunno if its just my vette are only 93 vettes.. i told my mechanic about it .. he said if i wanted the smooth one.. i'd have to buy different pulleys.. so i'm like NO THNX :p

oh about the problems.. well.. my mechanick opened up the alternator cleaed it up.. checked the distributer cleaned it up too.. and i dunno what they call it .. .when they put that chemical stuf in the fuel line and clean up the engine from inside :p i only know what its called on arabic hehe.. anyways.. after all that i'm finnaly cruisin in my vette !! wohooooo..

now i'm just waiting for some $$ and overhualin the engine and gettin me some long tube headers ;)

thnx for the help.. and wow.. this like the first time i join a forum that everyone here owns a vette !! its like one big happy family.. I LOVE IT :) and i love the pics tooo..

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
BB88conv said:
Don't know if this helps but looking at your pic of your engine, it looks as if you have the serpintine belt on backwards, probably causing it to slip on the alt. Should be a diagram on the fan shroud for the proper set up of the belt. You should see the smooth side of the belt around the alt pulley. :huh: :partyon:
'93's had a goofy belt with grooves on both sides, my Vette is the same way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts