Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I have a C3, 1979 L48 coupe thats all original, has 23k miles. Runs real well. Only problem is the radio. Has anyone replaced the original factory Delco with a modern Stereo - CD player? Let me know what you did.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Cool ride, real low miles. How long have you had it?
The radio install shouldn't be too hard. If you don't want to cut your stock dash you can get a CD changer or buy another dash and hang onto yours.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
In my 75, I didn't want to cut the factory console so I installed a CD player in the compartment behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
What both those guys said. But if you have to cut a panel, a stock replacement is easily had to put it back to original. Welcome!

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Terms of use of DC forum
1 - Intrduce self to the community
2 - Post pics of your VETTE
3 - Send all members $5

Congratulations on the Vette and for finding us on the web, Now how about those pics. I'll be checking my mail for the $5 also :laughing:

Welcome

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,435 Posts
Welcome to DC. It sounds like a mighty fine ride you got there. We sure would like to see some pics

...btw spiderpat, I check and sure enough, I haven't received the $5 from YOU yet. I'll be expecting it right away :laughing:

·
Registered
582 Posts
SC-Razor said:
What both those guys said. But if you have to cut a panel, a stock replacement is easily had to put it back to original. Welcome!

:agree: I went ahead and cut mine. I figured it did not matter much anyway. They are easy to get and my silver edge was showing a little wear anyway (chrome paint markers are good for this). Mounted the amp on the back wall between the speakers (the red Crunch looks cool at night) and used the plastic tub in the rear passenger side compartment as a box for a 8" woofer. Just made a top for it and left plenty of wire so it can be removed easily for jack access. Mounted the other speakers in stock locations. I always make sure the sterio has a removable face just to keep kids from ruining my T-tops trying to get it. Some pics below......and don't pay any attention to the fruit slush all over the dash. It's a long story.:down:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts