Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Eric and I'm from Norman Oklahoma. I have a recently purchased 1988 black/black Corvette coupe. This is my 3rd Corvette. I've had a 1968 convertible and a 1978 coupe. I'm already dreaming of a nice C5 for next year. Convertible or coupe? I'm leaning toward a convertible.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying owning the '88. Or more factually, she owns me. It has 109K miles and runs straight. Put a new fuel pump in the day and 70 miles after I bought her. I think the last owner was halfway to Mexico, no use being mad at him. Put 4 new tires on her and had my mechanic check her out. $200 later he told me what I already knew, it's a nice 19 year old Chevy!

I hope to learn about self maintenance. Need to do some things myself rather than pay someone $100 an hour.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Welcome to DC. Many members do there own maintenance. You should fell right at home:thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Welcome to DC. It's great to have you aboard and you'll find all the info you've ever wanted here. How about some pics of your Vette? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts

Nice looking 88.:thumbsup:

Wow, a Performin' Norman sighting.:buhbye:

·
Registered
162 Posts
A '68, '78 and now an '88.....I'm guessing a '98 and then an '08 are in your future!:laughing: Welcome and enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob,

You've detected the pattern in my planning. If the kids would just drop out of college I could skip to the '08. Until then.........

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,518 Posts
Welcome to DC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts