Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am an American in France and own a 1973 Vette Coupe with a 350 engine from a 1970 C3. So instead of 190 hp, Ive got 300. I loved the 73 C3, but hated the low comp 350 in it. The 1970 engine is a far more appropriate engine for the car. My car is in Bethesda MD, and needs a new (or rebuilt) Carb. I have a very strong smell of fuel and it chokes/splutters/stalls in low gears. What is the best performance Carb I can get for a 1970 350? How many hp will it add? Finally, my steering is super soft - lots of give. What else can I do besides checking the lines going to Control Unit? Thanks - and really stoked about this site!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Sorry I'm not a Carb guy

But you can be sure that they will be coming along here very soon to answer your question

Welcome to the Blue Room

Au Revoir

Bon

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
WELCOME to DC...I am sure the help you need will be along soon. Until then enjoy this site and have a good one :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Welcome to DC. May I suggest posting your questions in the C3 section. There are lots of knowledgeable folks in there that can help with just about anything. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
welcome to DC.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Welcome to DC :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
First off, welcome!!!

You'll get as many carb answers as you have people here, so I will leave that to them.

As far as the steering, there are plenty of wear components that can cause issue. I would start with the simple stuff and investigate first. Check the rag joint, which connects the upper and lower halves of the steering column (below and just ahead of the master cylinder. Check the tie rod ends for play. If all looks well, we'll move into the actual rack assembly for inspection. Come back and let us know what you find.
:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts