Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to introduce myself, I'm John. I currently have a 1972 coupe, a 1994 coupe and a 2000 coupe. I am trying to justify the $30k difference between a 2006 Z06 and a 6 speed coupe but cant get past that $10k of the $30k difference is additional dealer markup. I guess when Chevy dealers sell everything else below invoice that have to try and make the kill on the Z06. Not sure that even at the MSRP difference that the Z06 is worth it...any thoughts?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,450 Posts
Welcome to DC Johnny. Glad you are here with us. It must be hard deciding which one to drive. Make sure you upload some pics of those ride for use to drool on

·
Registered
582 Posts
JohnnyV said:
Just want to introduce myself, I'm John. I currently have a 1972 coupe, a 1994 coupe and a 2000 coupe. I am trying to justify the $30k difference between a 2006 Z06 and a 6 speed coupe but cant get past that $10k of the $30k difference is additional dealer markup. I guess when Chevy dealers sell everything else below invoice that have to try and make the kill on the Z06. Not sure that even at the MSRP difference that the Z06 is worth it...any thoughts?

Nothing personal JohnnyV, but I hate you.:(

·
Registered
486 Posts
JohnnyV said:
Im sorry...I'll try to learn how to upload pictures...sorry!!!
I think TXwayno is just a little jealous that you have 3 Corvettes and are going to purchasing another. I don't think he was trying to be mean.

No need to be sorry for not knowing how to post pictures. It takes time to learn this stuff.

Welcome to DC and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see...

I actually would be selling two (94 and 2000) before I get a new anything. I am leaning more toward the 6 speed coupe, unless the Z06 hype goes down a bit and the dealers start selling them at least MSRP. Most dealers will discount a coupe around $3k ish Kerbeck will discount one $5k but need to spend $1500 to ship and then have the stress that a trucker is out "breaking in my new car...

·
Registered
486 Posts
JohnnyV said:
I actually would be selling two (94 and 2000) before I get a new anything. I am leaning more toward the 6 speed coupe, unless the Z06 hype goes down a bit and the dealers start selling them at least MSRP. Most dealers will discount a coupe around $3k ish Kerbeck will discount one $5k but need to spend $1500 to ship and then have the stress that a trucker is out "breaking in my new car...
Why don't you drive the car home. :excited: What better way to get to know the car?

·
Registered
63 Posts
JohnnyV said:

hey Johnny V,
welcome to this site I'm a recent joinee too, Wow three vettes must be nice. I curently own a 05 Coupe Victory Red which is my user name, I'm Larry, I totally agree about the Z06 price premium very frustrating, Reading the Glowing reviews in all the car mags, and being told what a deal the MSRP is compared to Europe's best. Yeah but try and find the car for those prices. I finally gave up and found my 05 on line thru Vette net .com. I remember the same thing happened with the ZR King of the Hill vettes. Again enjoy the site and welcome

·
Registered
582 Posts
VetteMike said:
I think TXwayno is just a little jealous that you have 3 Corvettes and are going to purchasing another. I don't think he was trying to be mean.

No need to be sorry for not knowing how to post pictures. It takes time to learn this stuff.

Welcome to DC and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Mike

:agree: Yea, what he said. :thumbsup: I'm just bust'n on ya for having a fleet of Vettes. Don't mind me, I'm just the jealous type. This ain't my place, but make yourself at home. I did.:laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts