Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the HID fog light kit from CorvetteHID and installed them this afternoon. The kit came with directions and the installation went very smooth. I thought i'd put some pics up for a comparison. I also ordered the LED tailights from the same vendor about a year ago but never put up pictures so I threw some of them in there also :laughing:.

The kit:

Stock bulbs:

Side by side comparison:

Finished product:

LED Tail lights on:

Brake lights:

:cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,773 Posts
Big difference. Looks good:thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good and it is a great upgrade. I did it to my 96 Vette and I'm very pleased. :cheers:
Thanks, I actually referenced your thread many times when researching the topic and your car looked great so I decided to go for it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks great. The side by side with the one side done and the other side with the original bulb, really shows the difference.

What temperature version did you order?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great. The side by side with the one side done and the other side with the original bulb, really shows the difference.

What temperature version did you order?
Thanks, I went with the 5000k white :thumbsup:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Your foglights are brighter than my headlights. :laughing: need to buy a kit for mine ASAP.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That looks great!
:cheers:
Hi Yosi,
Do you have any pics showing what the 8000K blue looks like?
Maybe a comparison between the blue and white?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi , That looks great but will there be any temperature problem in the result of any damage to the housing of the fog light because of the more heat out put also do they make a kit for the C5 Vettes .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi , That looks great but will there be any temperature problem in the result of any damage to the housing of the fog light because of the more heat out put also do they make a kit for the C5 Vettes .:thumbsup:
Hopefully someone more educated on the subject will chime in but as far as I know the HID fog lights put out the same or less wattage than the stock bulbs and do not put out more heat. I have not had any damage and have not read of anyone damaging their housings with this kit. Hopefully Yosi or someone can give you a better explanation since my knowledge on the subject is limited. As far as the C5 kits i'm not sure if they do or not, I can't find it on their website. Hope this helps :cheers:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hopefully someone more educated on the subject will chime in but as far as I know the HID fog lights put out the same or less wattage than the stock bulbs and do not put out more heat. I have not had any damage and have not read of anyone damaging their housings with this kit. Hopefully Yosi or someone can give you a better explanation since my knowledge on the subject is limited. As far as the C5 kits i'm not sure if they do or not, I can't find it on their website. Hope this helps :cheers:
Yeah, I agree....wait until Yosi or someone else in the know can answer for sure....however, I do know that the temperature of the bulb is not referring to the amount of heat that is given off, it is a measurement of the range or color of light. ie-10,000 degrees Kelvin is "brighter" or "whiter" than 5,000 degrees Kelvin. Note also, that the temp is in the Kelvin scale and not the Fahrenheit or Celsius scale. I think going whiter actually goes into the blue range.

·
Registered
433 Posts
HIDs put off a significantly less amount of heat. Similar to LEDs in that they put out a lot more light, use less energy, and have less heat burn off. LEDs are even more efficient though.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have the Halo LED tail lights and the HID fogs on my car. When I removed the headlights on my ca I used the HIDs as my headlights and they worked great! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts