Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I purchased the HID system from Corvette Garage back in February. I started to install them this weekend and nothing but problems.:WTF

Once the kit is installed, my right HID won't go on....my drivers side go on...however my BOTH light assy will not go back down at all.......

If I remove my drivers side HID and connect the factory lamps back on....my light assys BOTH go back down....right side HID still will NOT turn on at all...:lookinup: :lookinup: :lookinup:

HAS ANYONE USED OR TRIED TO INSTALL THIS FROM CORVETTE GARAGE?

I WILL BUZZ THEM IN THE AM AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS ONE.

THANKS IN ADVANCED GUYS FOR ANY HELP.....

JOE

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi guys. I purchased the HID system from Corvette Garage back in February. I started to install them this weekend and nothing but problems.:WTF

Once the kit is installed, my right HID won't go on....my drivers side go on...however my BOTH light assy will not go back down at all.......

If I remove my drivers side HID and connect the factory lamps back on....my light assys BOTH go back down....right side HID still will NOT turn on at all...:lookinup: :lookinup: :lookinup:

HAS ANYONE USED OR TRIED TO INSTALL THIS FROM CORVETTE GARAGE?

I WILL BUZZ THEM IN THE AM AND SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS ONE.

THANKS IN ADVANCED GUYS FOR ANY HELP.....

JOE

I bought there kit and didnt have a problem. If one light is getting power and the other isnt they wont go down. I would make sure you have a good ground if you didnt use the one by the battery compartment on the frame rail. Also make sure that the harness is plugged in all the way into the ballast that powers the light that isnt working. After that, I would check the fuses inline with the kit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem Solved guys...........

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Problem is solved....the first owner had apperently replaced the factory plug connector on the high-beam passanger side. He reversed the wires (gray and black) but apparently this would work with the stock lamps.

This HID Kit has the harnes using only one wire that would connect to the factory plug.....so after looking at both sides, I asked myself :WTF , what is different between both sides? The only thing was the butt connectors on the high-beam assy ob the side that was not working....I cut and reversed the wires....BINGO:thumbsup: , it worked.

All I need to do after the Miami Heat Game tonight is adjust the HID's and ready to go....Looks very very nice.

I will post pics when I get a chance...THANKS FOR THE REPLIES GUYS!!!!

Joe:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts