Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm going to take some heat on this subject, but I think GM should have a high-end sort of "stuffy" version of the Corvette with all-leather appointments, luxurious ammenities, plus the raw horsepower to go with it. Don't get me wrong before ya'll start blasting me... I think the Z06 should remain as well as the base car but I just think that the Vette would sell better and be more appealing to the Euro people. What's wrong with making the Vette even more appealing than it already is? I would bet that there are plenty of Euro types that secretly love the Vette but wouldn't be caught dead driving it due to it's, quite frankly, lack of Euro refinement! Come on, we're talking about a car that has just as long a history as some of those Euro cars! Why not capitalize on it? Sure, there are some engineering concerns such as the leaf spring issue but, come on... even that is not that big of an issue to some of those Euro guys who would buy the car if it had the luxurious appeal they are used to! :smokin:

What does everyone think? :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
From what I have read the Corvette SS will be what you are talking about. And I to think that is a good idea.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, sebrock, but it doesn't have the "Corvette" name... I think it should be a real Vette in appearance and manners but be more refined. I had thought about the XLR before posting but I'm still not sure that I even like the idea of another car sharing the same platform as the Vette! I have always seen the Vette as one of a kind... but that's a new thread altogether! Back on subject, I think that the Corvette should truly share the stage with some of the world's most exotic sports cars. All it really needs is a little more refinement... honestly, I don't think I would even buy the classier version because I love the raw appeal of the Z06. All I'm saying is that GM is overlooking a potential buyer in the Euro market that they could get if they just had that little extra ooomph in the Vette. Granted, the Vette is ALOT more refined than in the past! Don't get me wrong! :thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
IMHO The Corvette is an American "trademark" and should not be trying to copy the European cars. For me, the reason I enjoy the vette is because of the fact that it is American muscle and it doesnt copy any other car manufacturers. I think that once the Corvette SS comes out the Europeans will begin to respect and enjoy the vette a bit more:thumbsup:
Just my .02

·
Registered
468 Posts
monsolo2 said:
I think GM should have a high-end sort of "stuffy" version of the Corvette with all-leather appointments, luxurious ammenities, plus the raw horsepower to go with it. What does everyone think? :)
I Think... that you've described a Grand Touring Car with Corvette power. While there is probably a market, I'm not sure its with Corvette Buyers and I'm not sure that the "Corvette" name would help.

·
Registered
906 Posts
sebrock said:
it's called a Cadillac XLR-V. Where have you been :spanked:

Have you ever sat in a XLR-V???

I have .....That car is so not luxurious it is a disgrace!!! :thud: The materials in the XLR-V are almost inferior to the Corvette!!! I have seen nicer interiors on a Honda than the XLR-V. The seats are flat and unconfortable and the dash is BORING!!! If you think that the XLR will fill the spot it is falling way short. It looks nice on the outside but for 100k large......not even close.

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
Have you taken a close look at or read any of the posts on the "exotics" websites? They're not all they're cracked up to be:(. The interiors in many have the same QC problems GM has. Before GM can get serious about a 100k car (even this alleged SS), they need to get thier sh!t together on the ones they have now!.

If the yuppies want to pay 100-200large for a 2 seater eurocar, let em...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
All cars are going to have thier problems, 60k, 100k, or 200k. The point is to have it looking great even if its not working.

There being a market for vette interior enhancements, namely leather interior enhancements, is a compelling argument that Corvette buyers, indeed, desire a more refined GT car. But expect to pay a premium for it; comparable eurocars dont come this cheap.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I still think the car you are talking about is the XLR-V

Yeah, I know what you are saying about the XLR not being a Vette but given that the SS will probably be a sub 3100lbs, my guess is that it will be pretty spartan and be doused in carbon trim. I think that Cadillac is GM's high luxury brand and look for a V version with the LS7 or LS9 coming soon. The job of the SS is to sell C6 Z-51s. It's so hard to get a Z06, this car will be almost impossible to get. If you can hardly get a Z06 now for under 80k, look for this car to be even harder to get and cost upwards of $120k or more especially if collectors and enthusiasts really get into it like they first did for the Ford GT.

·
Registered
729 Posts
vetteboyjg said:
From what I have read the Corvette SS will be what you are talking about. And I to think that is a good idea.:thumbsup:
I don't think so...I think they will stay fairly true to the Corvette formula with the pending uber Vette. They don't want to and don't have to make a Vette more like a Porsche..they just need to make a better Vette and do it on their terms. Obviously more power, probably more high tech engine bits and pieces, maybe revamped suspension, more use of lighter materials...maybe even more leather but...as everyone is sick of me saying by now they wouldn't...they couldn't...surely they have enough forward thinking people at Corvette development that they can come up with a better name for the greatest performance Vette of all time than "Corvette SS" .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts