Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha everyone,
on my way to work today i see the odometer at 39,259 miles.got me thinking,what if it was 139,256.what would i have broken or wore-out by this time.
Anyone with 100,000 or more?if so,what have you replaced?water-pump,belts,tranny's,HUD,window motors etc...thanks,i hope to hear some good stories...have a good weekend..:smokin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ive got a 85 Monte SS also that has 192,000 on it and the car was never broken in. The worst repair was a tranny at 95,000 miles...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey,
i used to have a 83' trans-am cross-fire.the list is very long...
89' vette,had for 3 years.brakes,tranny,bose(a few times),water pump,4 alternators.a/c work,u-joints,radiator,belts,hoses,weather-stripping(sold with 68,000 miles)
99' vette,had almost 2 yrs,carbon issue,(easy fix)and thats it.lowered with light mods and plenty 1/4 mile runs.awesome car.:thumbsup: later...:smokin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
high mileage

I have just reached 100,800 miles on my 1998 C5. I drive my 'vette daily. My normal maintenance is regular lubrication maintenance and car body care. The only major repair done has been to replace my water pump, replace a valve lifter, and have my front suspension tightened.
Everyone thinks my car is newer than what it is and are surprised by the mileage. I still enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey there,
glad to hear that.are you the origanal owner?seems as though the auto tranny's are a great improvment over the c4 auto.i'm wondering if my water pump will make it to 50,000.
i get compliments like yours also.everyone thinks i just bought the car,i keep everything that clean and polished.
how's the interior holding up.mines still like brand new..:thumbsup: thanks for the input...:smokin:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like the C5 ages very well...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello everyone, new here but I have 129,000 on my 97 and it still runs like a champ. Nothin real major so far, i am the second owner of the car. just regular maintenace and they should run for a long time. i have had to change the passenger window motor, stupid fuel pump and my oil pressure sending unit just went out, heard thats a little pricey to fix. thats it i am very happy thats all. well hope to be postin more.

Johnny

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Originally posted by FlatlineC5 ...<br>
Hello everyone, new here but I have 129,000 on my 97 and it still runs like a champ. Nothin real major so far, i am the second owner of the car. just regular maintenace and they should run for a long time. i have had to change the passenger window motor, stupid fuel pump and my oil pressure sending unit just went out, heard thats a little pricey to fix. thats it i am very happy thats all. well hope to be postin more.

Johnny
Hey Johnny, welcome to the family!

Good to hear the LS1 has some longevity!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Johnny,welcome,and thank's for posting that.:buhbye:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: high mileage

vasalazar said:
I have just reached 100,800 miles on my 1998 C5. I drive my 'vette daily. My normal maintenance is regular lubrication maintenance and car body care. The only major repair done has been to replace my water pump, replace a valve lifter, and have my front suspension tightened.
Everyone thinks my car is newer than what it is and are surprised by the mileage. I still enjoy the ride...
Vasalazar, you have done a great job of taking care of your vette!:D I too drive my vette daily and I love it! That goes to show everyone that with some TLC, any vette owner can get a lot of miles out of a "fine machine!":cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: high mileage

MorganC5Vette said:
Vasalazar, you have done a great job of taking care of your vette!:D I too drive my vette daily and I love it! That goes to show everyone that with some TLC, any vette owner can get a lot of miles out of a "fine machine!":cheers:
Hey Morganc5,
do you know where El Dorado Hills is?I lived up there for a couple of years.My dad lives in Placerville,i don't talk to him much.When i left in 1988,that was one of only two counties in Calif that was exempt from emissions.i'm sure that has changed.:buhbye:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just read a thread somewhere else that someone has a C5 with over 300k miles on it and still going strong. All about keeping your stuff running well I suppose.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:surprised

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just moved to Hawaii

Hey 5 - lo, I just moved to Hawaii and I'm a C5 onwer, and I may need a little help and information on the proper upkeep on my car in Hawaii.

Dirty_Red ::thumbsup:

·
Banned
591 Posts
99 C5

born on date may sumthin'

113,00 miles
tranny went at 105K
lites on radio are going away one by one
AC control LED's went dim and I swapped unit at 80K
gone thru 4 sets frt rotors , 2 sets rear
seat rocks since new.......
all else is GOOD !
I change fluids regularly
:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Thunder7 said:
I just read a thread somewhere else that someone has a C5 with over 300k miles on it and still going strong. All about keeping your stuff running well I suppose.
:surprised :surprised :surprised

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thunder7 said:
:lookinup: :surprised :lookinup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts