Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha everyone,
on my way to work today i see the odometer at 39,259 miles.got me thinking,what if it was 139,256.what would i have broken or wore-out by this time.
Anyone with 100,000 or more?if so,what have you replaced?water-pump,belts,tranny's,HUD,window motors etc...thanks,i hope to hear some good stories...have a good weekend..:smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Ive got a 85 Monte SS also that has 192,000 on it and the car was never broken in. The worst repair was a tranny at 95,000 miles...
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey,
i used to have a 83' trans-am cross-fire.the list is very long...
89' vette,had for 3 years.brakes,tranny,bose(a few times),water pump,4 alternators.a/c work,u-joints,radiator,belts,hoses,weather-stripping(sold with 68,000 miles)
99' vette,had almost 2 yrs,carbon issue,(easy fix)and thats it.lowered with light mods and plenty 1/4 mile runs.awesome car.:thumbsup: later...:smokin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
high mileage

I have just reached 100,800 miles on my 1998 C5. I drive my 'vette daily. My normal maintenance is regular lubrication maintenance and car body care. The only major repair done has been to replace my water pump, replace a valve lifter, and have my front suspension tightened.
Everyone thinks my car is newer than what it is and are surprised by the mileage. I still enjoy the ride...
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey there,
glad to hear that.are you the origanal owner?seems as though the auto tranny's are a great improvment over the c4 auto.i'm wondering if my water pump will make it to 50,000.
i get compliments like yours also.everyone thinks i just bought the car,i keep everything that clean and polished.
how's the interior holding up.mines still like brand new..:thumbsup: thanks for the input...:smokin:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like the C5 ages very well...:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Hello everyone, new here but I have 129,000 on my 97 and it still runs like a champ. Nothin real major so far, i am the second owner of the car. just regular maintenace and they should run for a long time. i have had to change the passenger window motor, stupid fuel pump and my oil pressure sending unit just went out, heard thats a little pricey to fix. thats it i am very happy thats all. well hope to be postin more.

Johnny
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Originally posted by FlatlineC5 ...<br>
Hello everyone, new here but I have 129,000 on my 97 and it still runs like a champ. Nothin real major so far, i am the second owner of the car. just regular maintenace and they should run for a long time. i have had to change the passenger window motor, stupid fuel pump and my oil pressure sending unit just went out, heard thats a little pricey to fix. thats it i am very happy thats all. well hope to be postin more.

Johnny
Hey Johnny, welcome to the family!

Good to hear the LS1 has some longevity!:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Johnny,welcome,and thank's for posting that.:buhbye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Re: high mileage

vasalazar said:
I have just reached 100,800 miles on my 1998 C5. I drive my 'vette daily. My normal maintenance is regular lubrication maintenance and car body care. The only major repair done has been to replace my water pump, replace a valve lifter, and have my front suspension tightened.
Everyone thinks my car is newer than what it is and are surprised by the mileage. I still enjoy the ride...
Vasalazar, you have done a great job of taking care of your vette!:D I too drive my vette daily and I love it! That goes to show everyone that with some TLC, any vette owner can get a lot of miles out of a "fine machine!":cheers:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re: high mileage

MorganC5Vette said:
Vasalazar, you have done a great job of taking care of your vette!:D I too drive my vette daily and I love it! That goes to show everyone that with some TLC, any vette owner can get a lot of miles out of a "fine machine!":cheers:
Hey Morganc5,
do you know where El Dorado Hills is?I lived up there for a couple of years.My dad lives in Placerville,i don't talk to him much.When i left in 1988,that was one of only two counties in Calif that was exempt from emissions.i'm sure that has changed.:buhbye:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I just read a thread somewhere else that someone has a C5 with over 300k miles on it and still going strong. All about keeping your stuff running well I suppose.
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:surprised
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Just moved to Hawaii

Hey 5 - lo, I just moved to Hawaii and I'm a C5 onwer, and I may need a little help and information on the proper upkeep on my car in Hawaii.

Dirty_Red ::thumbsup:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
591 Posts
99 C5

born on date may sumthin'

113,00 miles
tranny went at 105K
lites on radio are going away one by one
AC control LED's went dim and I swapped unit at 80K
gone thru 4 sets frt rotors , 2 sets rear
seat rocks since new.......
all else is GOOD !
I change fluids regularly
:cheers:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,226 Posts
Thunder7 said:
I just read a thread somewhere else that someone has a C5 with over 300k miles on it and still going strong. All about keeping your stuff running well I suppose.
:surprised :surprised :surprised
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Thunder7 said:
I just read a thread somewhere else that someone has a C5 with over 300k miles on it and still going strong. All about keeping your stuff running well I suppose.
:lookinup: :surprised :lookinup:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top