Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having fun with my new C6 but one thing that I noticed is this high pitched sound coming from the back wheels. It almost sounds like the noise from a power steering problem. Has anyone else expereinced it was well?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Manual or Automatic Transmission?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I get that all the time too, plus a lot of smoke and rubber smell. Try using less throttle when you pull away. :rolling: :devil:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
High Pitched sound from back wheels

Its an automatic with the standard paddle gear shift if I want to switch over to standard. It doesn't matter at what speed I'm going but seems to disappear when I brake> It just started happening this weekend

·
Registered
939 Posts
My roommate is a mechanic... he's gone until tomorrow, but as soon as he gets back, i'll ask him and send you a PM

·
Registered
793 Posts
It might just be the sound of air/road going through your tread and reacting with the tires, or you might be toe out and you tires are wearing against eachother. You will get that high pitched tire wear noise. You might want to take it to the dealer and get it realigned. Toe out is when your back tires would be aligned kinda like this....... \ / instead of being like.... l l

Maybe try putting air in your tires. They all might be too low.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the feedback. The tire pressure looks ok and the sensors are showing that their ok. I'll probably take it to the dealer and get him to check it since I've never had this problem with my C5.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I had a high pitched whine on the pass side for a while
then i told her to stay home :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
found the problem!!!

Seems that the clip was never installed properly on the brake pads so it was rubbing against the side of the pads which caused the high pitched sound. They also found that the clamp was never installed properly so the dealer needs to replace some pieces to my brake shoes. Weird!! This a really fun car but hopefully the rest of the car was put together properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts