Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we bought the 73 VW in January, I have met a lot of local people who are really into the vintage VWs. I was invited to the Hill Country Texas VW Tour last week, but was unable to make it. One of my friends sent me this pic to give an idea how big the tour was:

With the exception of an Explorer and the van driving the other direction, every vehicle in the picture is a VW based vehicle!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
of coarse its big....they get good gas mileage and there tires are cheap...:rolling:

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
of coarse its big....they get good gas mileage and there tires are cheap...:rolling:
That is very true!! I can buy 5 performance parts for the VW to 1 performance part for the Vette!!

Our VW gets about 35 - 40 MPG!! But the ride is not as fun that the Vette provides!!

·
Premium Member
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always thought the VW community was pretty cool. They have a similar following to the Corvette just on a smaller scale.
I have discovered that there are a lot of Vette guys that are also into VWs. For one thing, VWs are a lot more affordable to do mods. Mid America sells VW parts as well as Vette parts.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
That's a cool site!

·
Registered
334 Posts
My dad has had 5 Vettes, but has built 7 Rail Buggys using VWs. We still have one. Its so much fun to drive. No doors, no body panels, just a windshield to make it street legal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That is cool. My first car was a '64 Karmann Ghia ($150) in 1979. Beat the living s*&^t out of it and sold it for $125. Had a 68 Beetle, '74 Scirocco, '72 Ghia vert and 80 scirocco. killed em all. Except for the 74 scirocco. Drank a quart of oil every week and never gave me a lick of trouble for 150k!!:partyon: A long strange trip to my vette!! n'est pas?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts